Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Need Info please.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008 | 12:43 AM
mr.lopez702
|
Default Need Info please.......

hey guys im new to this forum, but from what i have been reading you guys are really knowlegable. I have a '05 sxt. i want to convert it to an srt-4. i can't find a motor, and i found the top part of the motor but im not sure if it will fit my 2.0 do i have to make any other adjustments or mods? or do any of you know where i can shop for a engine?
thanks- Jon

Old 07-06-2008 | 02:42 PM
Aerorat
All Star
Default RE: Need Info please.......

eBay

Old 07-07-2008 | 02:13 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

yeah, ebay. you could get a regular old 2.4 and build it up, but it would be much less headache to just get a 2.4 turbo and go from there. an 04 wont be too bad to swap out, but it will be some work. there are sites of those who have done the swap about the net. youll also need to get the T850 transmission, as the T350 tranny wont handle the torque very long.

best bet may to locate a donor car for the swap

Old 07-10-2008 | 01:06 AM
mr.lopez702
|

thanks guys. i was lookin in ebay, but i just wanted to find out more info. thanks for the tranny info. i didn't know that, from what i have heard my tranny could handel it and i didn't have to worry. so thanks again. one more question. where could i find a donor car? is there a web site or sumthin?

Quick Reply: Need Info please.......