Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

no crank no start/check engine codes

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 08:51 PM
MAssSrTdriven
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no crank no start/check engine codes

so my car does not start or crank....i put the key in everything lights up everything is good with the battery....but i figured ill try to jump start it....well that does not work...it used to be every now and then my car would do this but if i turned the key a few times, it would start eventually. well my starter goes "click" just once tho, but no crank nothing else happens...so i pop started the car i had to get home...and then all of a sudden i had two check engine codes, p0335 and p0340..crankshaft position sensor a circuit malfunction, and camshaft position sensor a bank 1 circuit malfunction...would those 2 both come on if i pop start the vehicle?? i sure as hell hope someone tells me yes...because i have the stage 1 pcm in the vehicle...and i sure as **** hope that thats not the problem....but i dont see why they both would come on at the same time either? i do have the dredded piece of **** msd distributer? is that what finally failed on me??? i hope someone can give me some good advise here....thanks.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:57 PM
MAssSrTdriven
Professional
Default ??

i forgot to mention before all this happened today, i did smell some burning smell through my vents when i was using my heat tonight...smelled like something was on fire in my car...idk if that has any relation to my starter? i just think it could possibly be that my starter is fried. idk tho

Old 12-09-2008, 02:41 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

idk did you make sure to check the fuses. im sure the starter has a fuse but that wouldnt explain why it comes on sometimes.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:16 PM
MAssSrTdriven
Professional
Default all good

well last night i checked everything over, found the green wire that runs from the power to the stater was totally fried. i was talking to someone at work with a regular neon that told me he had the same exact thing happen and it was his wiring that had melted. so after checking all the wiring, had found the end was loose and must have kept arking to the point were it over heated and melted. fixed the end terminal conection added a few washers to make sure it was tight because when tightening down the nut it went to the point were it wouldnt get tighter but the wire was still loose and after doing that fired right up...check engine codes had to be from pop starting it so im happy

Old 12-10-2008, 01:59 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

good to hear glad the car is up and running again with no problems.

Quick Reply: no crank no start/check engine codes