Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 02:05 PM
srt4rez
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil leak

Recently, I have noticed some oil leak..just wondering where it is coming from. It's barely dripping right around the bottom where the filter sits. It's not coming from the filter or the oil change bolt. I don't think its the CVJ. Top of the engine is clean, only from the bottom.
Wondering if anybody has had this problem and where the leak came from. I'll have to look at it more closely to pinpoint the exact leak. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:10 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

look on the cold side of the intercooler. i can almost say for sure is coming from the charge pipe cause mine builds up in there and i have to drain it every once and awhile it hasnt leaked yet thank fully but i wont be surprised if it does.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:48 PM
srt4rez
Professional

Definitely not from the intercoolers, cause I took them off and didn't notice any oil inside. I have a oil catch can on mines. Thanks for the input.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:22 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

Originally Posted by srt4rez
Definitely not from the intercoolers, cause I took them off and didn't notice any oil inside. I have a oil catch can on mines. Thanks for the input.
for sure i forgot to ask if you have an occ. i was hopin that was it casue thats the easiest fix i dunno now my roomates 94 tercel leaks oil very slowly i was just wondreing if anyone had any tips on finding out where the leak comes from?

Old 02-13-2009, 02:35 PM
srt4rez
Professional

I was looking for the leak again and it seems like it might be coming from between the tranny and engine...thats the worst it would be coming from. If that is so, it will be the oil seal somewhere between the tranny and the engine. My question is....is there one located in that position? I know theres one for auto-trannys, but not too sure for the manual tranny. If anybody knows, please inform me. Also, is there a dipstick for the srt tranny where the oil could be checked, thank you.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:46 PM
srt4rez
Professional

Anybody know of any other lines that carry oil that I can check? Maybe some lines for the turbo or any return lines? Please help!!

Old 02-15-2009, 06:16 AM
STILL GH3TtO
Veteran

most manual trannys do not come with a dipstick to check the fluid level, instead, and I am not too sure who came up wit this idea but i feel its dumb and there should be a dipstick, in my eyes that would make it idiot proof. You basically fill the fill wjole til it is topped off and then its good....random I know, back to the point. what color is the fluid?? If it is pink it either tranny or power steering fluid, being that it is the same stuff but serving a different purpose. If in fact it is oil then and it has notjing to do wit the tranny, thats all block.....somewhere. Oil can leak from anywhere, I had oil being sprayed on my hood from a bad turbo line.... I recomend spraying everything wit degreasor and cleaning it all up and try to pin point where it is coming from. At this point, from my perspective it is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.....what kind of fluid is being leaked out and where is it coming from. figure this out and we might be able to find the solution. Keep us posted breh!!! SRT down!!!!

Last edited by STILL GH3TtO; 02-15-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:58 AM
srt4rez
Professional

Yesterday, went back under and checked it a couple of times by driving it around. It barely drips and thats the reason its hard to locate the actual leak. It almost seems like it might coming from the front of the oil pan, might be the gasket. Some of the lines that connect the engine from the rear have small residue of oil ,but no major runs. Thats probably normal.Too bad I don't have a manual for this particular situation. It anyone has it let me know. I'll try again to look, but if I can't pinpoint the problem, then I'll have the dodge boys take over. Trying to save money, but I'll see what happens again.

Quick Reply: Oil leak