Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

srt-4 vs turbo rsx vs ss camaro vs 5.o tang

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 03:17 AM
2005 SrT4 2005
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default srt-4 vs turbo rsx vs ss camaro vs 5.o tang

Hey im not a internet racer as you can see i dont post unless i cant find true info supporting my thoughts so what would it take for a srt-4 to beat the rsx turbo or a ss from a roll or a stop im not really sure which car is faster and not being a troll or anything those rsx with turbos are pretty mean from a roll thats why i wondered about them cause there is one around my area and alot of stock ss some are autos and some are sticks and the rsx type s is a stick and the 5.o is alo a stick

1. srt-4 vs turbo rsx type-s would it take a mopar stage3 turbo to beat this car from a roll i have seen a stage 2 srt-4 get the turbo rsx out of whole then get ran down by the rsx and getting walked from a roll.

2. srt-4 vs camaro ss would a mopar stage 2 take it from a roll cause i dont think i would be able to take it out of the whole cause they have crazy torque

3. srt-4 vs old body style 5.0 stang this one has mods done to it but it is a auto it has a shifter in it, diff rear end, chiped, and a few other things he would not tell me but i actually raced him in my daily driver a 98 s10 4.3 v6 auto with intake and at the time he had a intake and headers and something else i forgot what it was but we went from a 10mph roll and he spun and i took off but he came back to beat me by a half car so i think i can take it with mopar stage 1 at the least what do you guys think

but with the stages of course i will have the supporting mods to back it up mainly what im asking is it possible with what im thinking to take these cars to show them whos the daddy lol

Old 02-25-2005, 11:10 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: srt-4 vs turbo rsx vs ss camaro vs 5.o tang

Dude I think you just some sort of record for run-on sentences.

1. I'm not sure how quick this car is. I'm not sure I've ever even seen one.

2. The SS is a mid 13 second car stock. If the stage II gets you a half second, then you can run with the SS.

3. 5.0L, from the sound of it you should be able to take it with stage 0. They were only low 15 high 14 second cars at best. maybe that car has some significant mods that might help it to low 14, high 13's.

Just run the mustang and find out.

Old 02-25-2005, 02:44 PM
NeonOrngBlast
Professional

The goal with my car is to take an F-body or vette from the dig. Before you start wait a min. I know i wont take them off the line but if i can set the car up right maybe i can catch him by the end of the 1\4. Maybe controll the boost right or something off the line where i dont stand there wating time up. Im almost to this point i need a few more things to get there. I will post here if i get there.

Old 02-25-2005, 06:40 PM
bellosiciliano18
Professional

yeah i was wonderin the same thing about the ss.... my older sisters bf has an ss convertble, with i think just a rear and heads, but i was wondering if i can take em... anyone else here race an ss with mopar stage 2? i wanna do it, but i dunno whats gonna happen... maybe 1 day durin the summer i guess we'll go at it... haha

Old 02-26-2005, 10:32 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An RSX Type-S having an aftermarket turbo kit cannot run much boost without lots of internal work, so a stock SRT-4 should get the job done.

I know of a few Stage 1 cars running in the high 12's, but they have a lot of other mods done to them. A Stage 2 w/turbo toys and a few supporting bolt ons, like the Mopar cat back exhaust and a CAI should take care of the SS's.

A stock SRT-4 will take care of the older 5.0 Mustangs as well as the older Mustang Cobra's. It will also take care of the newer GT's, but not the newer Cobra's. The newest retro-style GT's would be a real close run, but this GT would most likely win.

So, you should be good to go stock except against the SS. However, if you get the Stage 2 w/turbo toys and a few supporting mods, then you shouldn't have to worry about any of them.

Old 02-26-2005, 04:02 PM
importkiller

turbo rsx's if they r done right have about 400 whp. if u dump as much money in to your srt-4 as that turbo rsx u will kill him. SS are fast and i smoke 5.0's with intake and mopar exhaust

Old 03-16-2005, 03:21 PM
boosted19

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner

A stock SRT-4 will take care of the older 5.0 Mustangs as well as the older Mustang Cobra's. It will also take care of the newer GT's, but not the newer Cobra's. The newest retro-style GT's would be a real close run, but this GT would most likely win.

i smoke my freinds stage two.. and all i have is bolt ons and gears....
1999 gt t-5
exhaust, cai, 410's
dynoed at 250hp and 295trq to the wheels with just the cat back pulleys, x pipe and cai..... and went 13.98@99 bone stock at the island (wasnt prepped at all) with a 2.20 sixty at best
but srt-4's are to be reckond with.. awesome cars... getting one soon! god i miss boost....

Old 03-16-2005, 07:02 PM
black4
Record Breaker

by the way boosted is yours a manual or automatic?

Old 03-16-2005, 07:59 PM
boosted19

its a t-45.. (manual 5) sorry for not clarafying it... im looking into it if his really is a s2 or not... will update then!!!

Old 03-16-2005, 08:02 PM
black4
Record Breaker

right on keep me posted.

Quick Reply: srt-4 vs turbo rsx vs ss camaro vs 5.o tang