Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Sorry about the re post!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005 | 11:59 AM
Silverrt4
|
Professional
Default Sorry about the re post!!!

I never got the Warranty - Memo post, I just saw it.

This is what the dealer mechanics are given to check for modifications, so they can determine whether or not to do the warranty work or not.

http://www.midatlanticsrt.com/srt/do...ftermarket.pdf

Old 03-04-2005 | 05:40 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker
Default RE: Sorry about the re post!!!

Geez - These guys are nuts. They are probably spending more time and money on legal counsel and materials then they will lose due to warranty issues. We're talking about a car with a limited production run, that was intended to be modded. I am dissapointed in DCX for the way they are handling this. I have had VW's, Porsches, Toyotas, and Hondas and none of those companies take a stance like this in my experience.

They are creating a lot of trouble. Especially since most dealreship mechanics seem to have a vendetta against anyone who alters their car from the way the factory designed it. I would not be surprised to see techs looking for things just for the sake of getting peoples warrantees restricted.

Boo on DCX for this one. I thought they had come a lot farther than this in recent years.[:@]

Old 03-05-2005 | 05:23 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Not only that, but there are so few SRT-4's out there that they don't even need to go to such great lengths to deny us our warranty claims, there aren't many out there to be any kind of an issue. Every time I take my SRT-4 in for routine maintainence almost every vehicle in the service bays are Rams, what they are in for I do not know. The SRT-4's make up what, .05% of all DCX's vehicles made in a year whereas the Rams are about 25%. I could see their point if they were doing this with the Rams, that could cost them a ton of money, but not our super low production cars.[:@][:'(]

Old 03-07-2005 | 12:12 AM
casper
Legend

that sux.

Quick Reply: Sorry about the re post!!!