Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

big problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005 | 03:14 PM
silversrt4 79
Default big problem

My 04 has been acting up a lot lately and i thought it was the spark plug wires so i bought MSD wires but the problem is still occuring. My dad and i just took off the K&N short ram intake and on the intake of the turbo there was gelled oil around the edges and around the edges of the elbow pipe of the intake. How bad do you think this is and what could be the extent of the problems, also could they void my warrenty for this?

Old 03-06-2005 | 05:32 PM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: big problem

a little more information please. how has it been acting up? how long has it been doing whatever it's doing? what else is on the car? what do you think they will void your warranty for?

if you have the hose that connects the intake to the valve cover there will always be oil in the pipes. plug the hold on the intake and put a breather filter on the valve cover and that will stop that from happening.

Old 03-06-2005 | 05:52 PM
silversrt4 79

The main problem was that he car under heavy acceleration kind of bucks and this happens from lower rpm's(2500 or lower). I thought that it was missfiring becuase of the spark plug wire but i replaced them and the problem is still there. I bought the car on new years eve of 2003 and have had no problems with it and was running stock plug wires in it the whole time. In June i put K&N short ram intake and a mopar blow off valve in and it ran fine until about november and it started to act up with the problems i described. Since then the problems have just gotten worse to the point now where i wont even drive the car. Also sometimes when i just start the car and during clutch engagment it does the "missfire" thing sorry i dont really know what to call it but after the car is warm it doesnt do it. Right now my dad and i are putting the stock intake back in and taking out the blow off valve so I can take it in for a service check on Tuesday. The reason that I am taking out both mods is that if something needs to be replaced under warrenty they cant say the problem was caused by aftermarket parts. Any help you guys could give would be great. Thanks

Old 03-06-2005 | 06:00 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

so you're returning to stock to get warranty work done. and people wonder why dcx has it out for us to restrict warranties [:@] thanks for becoming part of the problem.

anyway, did you replace the plugs as well as the wires? the plugs go out long before the wires do.

Old 03-07-2005 | 02:05 AM
casper
Legend

a fuel injector cleaner and some dry gas will clear up a lot of problems

Old 03-09-2005 | 03:23 AM
NYSrt_4Guy

The Same exact thing was happening to me in my 04. after changing the plugs, wires, and bashing my head into the wall, i finally found what it was. My MIL light did not come on, but the car was acting terrible. After a while of acting up it would not hold an idle too well...It turns out that it was my TPS sensor, or Throttle Position Sensor, bring it to a dealership stock and ask them to check out the feul system, hopefully they'll get the hint....good luck....

Quick Reply: big problem