Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Back Fire Issue with my SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 03:01 PM
magicbydzn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back Fire Issue with my SRT-4

Hi All,
I just bought a used 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4. The past owner installed a different catback system and who knows what else, but the car is awesome fast!!!! But it back fires then I let off the gas quickly, more noticeable in first gear. Any idea of why it might be doing this?

-Will

Old 04-08-2009, 09:57 AM
mldsrt4
Rookie

how big is the exhaust?....mine back fires once in a while on downshifts but ive got 3" cat delete down pipe 3" pipe to the tips, plus im running kinda rich

Old 04-08-2009, 10:22 AM
magicbydzn

It's got to be at least 3", but to be honest its a really crap job of welding. Plan to swap this out for a better cat-back at some point.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:07 PM
mldsrt4
Rookie

well heres what i got, i know alot of these brand name gear heads will disagree but i bought a system on ebay "SRS Custom" (full 3" cat back) and their matching catless 3" down pipe, and its an awesome fit, and it is LOUD. My car runs perfect and i cant complain for only like $300 shipped to my door. Quality semms to be very good with clean welds and percise bends. maybe worth a shot to ya. One thing to keep in mind is emissions tho, i have to get my MASS state inspection done this month, i passed last year with the system (dont know how with no cat) but this year i got stage 2, and ive been told it will pull a code....good luck

Old 04-11-2009, 05:35 AM
drewthatsmenb
Professional

i ordered an exhaust depot side exit 420 shipped it was great sounded great and gave me some power but once i dropped my car i started banging it around i couldn't even get into my driveway anymore so i just got one custom made at a shop here for 175

Quick Reply: Back Fire Issue with my SRT-4