Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

I'm new...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 12:32 PM
smartski
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new...

Just bought my srt4 a week ago and I love it so far. Its an 04 red baby with lots of work to be done. Its basically stock but does have a AEM cold air intake. Just rolled the bumper last night and I'm obviously looking forward to upgrading. Any insight for what mods made the biggest difference?

Old 04-16-2009, 01:04 PM
srt4rez
Professional

Make sure it has an oil catch can and check the different stages you can go into depending on what you want. Also there are bolt ons too, it's all here on the forum. Good luck!

Old 04-16-2009, 01:36 PM
VTSRT4
Rookie

Congratz. Hope it wasn't driven to hard before you.

Yeah, an oil catch can is a plus. Not sure how knowledgable you are on modifying but a catback exhaust with a stage 1 PCM. Will get you some good hp right there. You could actually install those 2 by yourself. If mechanically inclined. Other than that. The stage kits are a way to go.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:04 AM
smartski

I'm pretty knowledgable and up to date on the mods. I just wanted some opinions for what gives the most bang for the buck. Oil catch can is high up on the list! i just need a saturday that i can waste away in my garage to get that done. Where do you guys get most of your parts?

Old 04-17-2009, 10:36 AM
SRTmik3

congrats on the buy man! def put in some aftermarket motor mounts... wheel hop is a mothaluvaa

Old 04-17-2009, 03:58 PM
srt4rez
Professional

Modern Performance and Turbo Neon are among the favorites. There's plenty more on this site and where to go for more aftermarket parts. Monitor your boost..that will be the most important one to monitor when your starting to modify!

Quick Reply: I'm new...