Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

building my engine.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 04:50 PM
gottalovethesrt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building my engine.

I have an 05 srt4 and as of right now its sittin in my shop torn apart. I have taken the head and the intake manifold off to be port and polished.

Also on my work bench I have a new set of crower stage 2 cams along with crower springs and retainers....but I don't want to stop there.

I figured since I have it taken apart I might as well go the whole 9 yards and make my baby roar. And by that I mean rebuild the bottom end and the tranny.

The only aftermarket parts I have are.... MPx 62mm tb, injen intake, msd wires and coil, hks ssqv, and mopar short throw. I have a turbo xs bc but have not put it on because I am waiting to get a wastegate.

So, with all that being said...what would I need ( bedised what I have ) for the top and bottom end and the tranny. If someone could give me a detailed list of parts I need for all three that would be awesome. I don't care about price that much, I just want good parts. Thanks for our time.

Last edited by gottalovethesrt; 05-27-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

Top end you need cam gears didnt see that on your list, with the head being ported and polished then that sums up the top end, plus get the DCR oil flow modifier it helps. Bottom end, most go with CP pistions, really nice and light weight, you can go with either a .020 or .030 over bore (I know Forward motion has the .030 pistons) rods I have BC's which can handle 650hp, now it all depends on if you want to bore the cylinders out or stay with stock size, thats up to you. Since your doing your build get rid of the balance shafts, it adds 10whp, and get a DCR windage tray kit or just plug the oil feed hole for the balance shafts and be done with it, which increases your oil capacity from 5.5 to 7-8 quarts. Open up the pick up tube, that little hole is crap just cut the metal part off but dont cut the wire screen leave that intack. I know that DCR has a better oil pump but a stock one works fine too. Do you have a big oil filter kit one it yet? If not get one, I went with the DCR one, but I think that PTP has one as well. Since the motor is out put new bearings in and if you have the money stud everything, bed plate to crank to heads, espeically heads if you plan on goin big turbo, the kit from Moderen performance is great and not that badly priced. If you can get the block sent out and hot tanked to help clean out all the passage ways.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:16 PM
70x7
Veteran

you are asking for a LONG list of an opinion of parts!
Unless you really really want to build the motor yourself, I would contact DCR for the motor build.

Quick Reply: building my engine.