Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

50 trim or stage 3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 12:26 AM
newbiesrt4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50 trim or stage 3 ?

jus bought a bone stock srt4. i wnt to do mods such as side exhaust, crane 12 cams and upgrade the turbo. however idk what to do a stage 3 or a 50 trim?

Old 07-07-2009, 02:14 AM
phattysrt

i think they stopped making all the "mopar" stage kits. You will need to verify that with a company that carries them of course. IMHO, i would probably go with the 50 trim kit+ fuel kit. only reason is because you can get more power (depending on tuning) of it and always change it up such as swapping turbos, fuel injectors, tuning etc. The mopar kits were great, just the stage 3 kit is a little pricey and i think you can do the 50 trim for cheaper. On the other hand, the stage 3 kit is a direct bolt on and it is made for the neon srt4 so it's guaranteed great power right out of the box with no tuning. hope this helps.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Jims04srt
Captain

If you can find a used Stage 3 in good condition, that would be my recommendation. Mopar has pretty much stopped making stage kits and they are difficult to find. They are nice because you dont have to worry about tuning.

The 50 trim kits will have more power, be cheaper and easier to find. But you can't just bolt the 50 trim and go. You'll need injectors, pump, return line, fuel controller, boost controller, A/F monitor, exhaust, intake, intercooler and a good tuning software such as SCT or Diablo Sport. It is more work, but the results are usually better.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:13 AM
70x7
Veteran

Ive had a 50 trim along with several other "big" turbos with no regrets. However, if I had to do it over again, I would probably go with S3 (of course good luck finding one now) because of its power band and factory setup. Lots of maintenance issues go along with the aftermarket turbo kits. Price wise though, its easier to do 50 trim and buy the parts as you go along. S3 is kind of a you got the cash or you dont situation.
More power potential with 50 trim though. S3 has your motor in mind and doesnt push it to the envelope, like a race gas 50 trim does.

Quick Reply: 50 trim or stage 3 ?