Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Max Boost?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 01:16 AM
NewtoSRT4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Max Boost?

I have a 04 srt4 with 58k miles that just has bov and turbo timer, my question is if i get the ecu reflash and a boost controller whats my limit of boost running stock everything?!

Old 07-26-2009, 11:37 AM
mxrnick
Veteran

that will always be debated and you will get different answers from everyone. with my wastegate i spike at like 17-18 and hold 14-15 to redline. i think i run it a little high but i dont hardly ever get it at full throttle anymore so im not to worried.
o and btw what kind of turbo timer is it?

Old 07-26-2009, 06:51 PM
srt4ACRboy
Professional

running stock everything 16 psi max!

Old 07-27-2009, 01:10 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

see you will always get a different opinion from every one on this subject. 16 is for sure a safe number. you could run it at that for a long time and have no problems. its really up to you and how you want you car set up.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:40 PM
70x7
Veteran

max boost doesnt always mean max power.
Id say somewhere in the neighborhood of an 18-19 spike

Old 07-27-2009, 04:51 PM
NewtoSRT4

i have an apexi turbo timer. i as thinking abou jus doing tein springs, turbo back and intak. whats a good place/brand of 3inch exhaust?!

Old 07-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

16 psi is way safe. That's what I run at with stg 2 wg, fuel injectors and ecu. I have hit 21 dropping to 19 with the reboot trick, but I do not do that often.

You did not say weather or not you were going to have stg 2 or equal injectors. They are like 30% bigger. That is important if you want to crank up boost.

I would highly recommend coil overs instead of just springs. I did just springs and did not like it. They were H+R not Mopar and they rode right on the bump stops. the car looked cool but that's where it ended since I couldnt drive it. You cannot do that on Michigan roads. My buddy has the Mopar ones and his car rides nearly stock height but it is way more liveable and he has been able to keep his on year 'round. Coil overs allow more drop and still have adequate travel.

I have a 3 in Corsa with a Dynomax race bullet in the center with a 3 in Maxx fab O2 and 3 in DP. It's loud but pretty bad assed. The Corsa is beautifully built with smooth mandrel bends, very high quality double walled, rolled, polished, slash cut tips and it is all stainless (except for the race bullet that I added). It is advertised as a track exhuast and does not have a muffler and is designed as a cat back, which is why I added the muffler, O2 and DP. I like mine, but it is loud. However, it was insane before the muffler was put in.

Another buddy has the Perrin and I believe it to be a good system too. The Perrin has a transverse muffler ala Camaro style and is surprisingly loud from outside. About the same as mine. Where mine resonates at 2800 rpm inside the vehicle pretty bad, I cant say what his does as I have not yet ridden with him. Above or below 2800 at part throttle though, my car is totally liveable.

Id say either the Corsa or Perrin would be good if you dont need quiet.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:35 PM
NewtoSRT4

wheres good sites where i can ge the stg 2 injectors and intake? side question whats all thestuff plugged in th intake box? if i buy and intake will they still plug in or will i have a bunc of engine codes going off?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

If you're talking about the solenoids on the Airbox where the airfilter is, Yes, you definitely need them. Most CAI's kits have provision for relocating them. At least one of those solenoids controls the air to the WG and that is how the computer controls the boost. If you put in an MBC, those are the same lines you will tap into with the MBC. Not sure what the other 2 solenoids do though, but I'm sure you need them hooked up and operational.

I think I got my stage 2 injectors from the Mopar Super Center, but it has been so long I cant remember. There are "sticky notes" posted with vendor links at the top of page one. All you gotta do is check a couple out and find who can give the best deal. I would recommend going with a Mopar injector vs another brand that may require special electrical connectors to be adapted if that's one of your choices.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:00 PM
70x7
Veteran

ebay or the forums for the cheapest prices. Id go for the exhaust before the intake, but budget and patience usually win that battle lol

There are plenty of configurations for those solenoids line factory hard lines. Honestly, a few of them you do not need. You should however cap the black line that goes into your intake box....that one is a emissions recirculation line, ala, factory boost leak.

I just did springs also (Eibach Prokit). Personally, I dont think it is too bad. It can hit REALLY hard if you hit a pothole though. I opted to not go for coilovers because of price, but if you can find a good set for a good price, go for it.

Quick Reply: Max Boost?