Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

new Srt-4

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 01:52 PM
avengermike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new Srt-4

also questioon about exhaust, now i want something that sounds deep, not ricer. was lookin at the mopar by borla price is 334.99 + ship. what kit would i need for the larger down pipe and is the some kit i can buy that has it all?

Old 04-25-2005, 01:55 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

check out maxxfab's site. he has a full exhaust that is really nice. it includes an o2 housing, 3" dp, and the borla exhaust with the transition piece. it's basically what i have on my car now. if you're looking for something that's a full 3" i would recommend the perrin turboback. it sounds great, and has a muffler so it's not insanely loud. the only down side to that is price (about $900), and that there is no cat included.

Old 04-25-2005, 02:01 PM
avengermike

cool thanks psi chick, seems i know more then any one here i have done ur home work. LOL my car should be wed this week cant wait. im jsut going to order the stage two with toys, the STS and exhaust. how do fill about the super AFC?

Old 04-25-2005, 02:07 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

the safc II is ok. i know a bunch of people that have had them, but just about all ripped them out and went with the emanage/e01 set up. the safc seems to just not run right on these cars for whatever reason.

you do realize that if you are going to get a ebc there's no reason for you to get toys, right? once you install an ebc you loose the functionality of the dial-a-boost feature because you're removing control over boost levels from the ecu. if you want to use an ebc than get s2 w/out toys, or get the toys feature and let the ecu control boost.

Old 04-25-2005, 02:27 PM
avengermike

Seeing how u can answer all what would u recommend me doing im like all want power. Want that other guy to say was that a neon? Just tell me what's the best and how to find it. sorry i hate beating around the bush having to do that with my svt cobra and i have wasted much money buying stuff i dont need give me a plan and i will follow it.
thanks
Mike

Old 04-25-2005, 02:31 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

what are your goals? do you want a track car? a street car? pump gas or race gas? what's the budget? mopar or aftermarket? there are a ton of different paths to take with this car, but you need to define for yourself what you want out of the car.

Old 04-25-2005, 02:50 PM
avengermike

im lookin more at street car, and pump gas, race gas here and their. as for budget, i really dont have a limit yet. and as for mopar or after market what ever gives the most.

Old 04-27-2005, 06:32 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since the car is turbocharged it won't have that ricer lawnmower/weed wacker sound. The Mopar/Borla exhaust sounds great, it's a little louder and deeper tone. I suggest the K & N Typhoon CAI over the AEM, the K & N shows bigger gains and it can be used as either a full cold air intake or a short ram and it is easy to change between the two. Stage 1 makes a pretty big difference in daily driving since it brings the boost on much quicker, it's like having the boost doubled, but it only raises peak boost a little 1-2 psi. The Mopar STS is a very nice improvement, get the booger bushings as well. The Prothane race motor mount inserts are another nice improvement in the feel. Don't forget to get an oil catch can and a set of MSD plug wires to greatly increase the spark. Good luck on your new SRT-4.

Quick Reply: new Srt-4