Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

New to the site but i need help with my car

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:16 AM
thelittleneon05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation New to the site but i need help with my car

i just recently bought a 05 dodge neon srt4.. seems like there has been stuff done to this car that i don't know about.. i need help really bad from u guys.. so please help.. I will be posting some pics that i want y'all to see and a video of something that i have no idea what it is.. Now to start off with what i know that isn't stock on the car... it has a bigger inter-cooler, custom interior, and it has gas shocks adjusters all around and it has shocks that u can adjust the ride height the way u want it. Now the check engine light stays on.. and why is i think because i saw that the O2 sensor is unplugged.. but it has multiple codes that show up and the people at advance auto parts says because the O2 sensor can cause a lot of other codes to come up.. first thing im going to do today is fix that and erase codes and see if anything else comes up on the car. but anyways i also have no idea where the red vacuum line goes i will show u guys a picture pretty soon and a video and u guys let me know where it goes or if it is right.. another thing in the video i want u guys to here is a ringing noise coming from the outside.. so hope u guys can help me out.. i will be posting up video on this thread in about 1 hr and half so bare with me. i will also let u guys know what lights codes are on my car so u can tell me what u think.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:32 AM
mxrnick
Veteran

you can check the codes with the key. cycle it on-off 3 times and they will flash on the gauge cluster. check them out and let us know what they are. the red line goes to the cold side chargepipe. make sure to check all of your other vac lines.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f250...k-here-333388/

Old 09-25-2010, 07:59 PM
thelittleneon05

sorry guys i have been busy.. but anyways the lights are still on.. the knock sensor keeps coming up.. but 2morow when its daylight out side i will make a video and let u guys see my car and see what u think and see if the vaccum lines are right on the car.. i will post tomorrow guys

Old 12-07-2011, 12:53 PM
new2thegame
Default random

got a question...my car is throwing the p0243 code and the p1105 it has after market turbo wastgate and bov.....any idea y it would be doing that and how to test/fix the problem......any help will b greatly appreciated[http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f250...k-here-333388/[/quote]

Old 12-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

Originally Posted by new2thegame
got a question...my car is throwing the p0243 code and the p1105 it has after market turbo wastgate and bov.....any idea y it would be doing that and how to test/fix the problem......any help will b greatly appreciated[http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f250...k-here-333388/
[/QUOTE]

Are you still on pcm controlled boost? If your not those code are from the solinoids that the pcm uses to control boost. If you aren't on pcm controlled boost just cap the lines that go to the factory wastegate, and tip sensor, located on the fender in the engine compartment on driverside.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

Originally Posted by thelittleneon05
sorry guys i have been busy.. but anyways the lights are still on.. the knock sensor keeps coming up.. but 2morow when its daylight out side i will make a video and let u guys see my car and see what u think and see if the vaccum lines are right on the car.. i will post tomorrow guys
Can you hear an audiable knocking sound? If not good, could just be a bad knock sensor which if you over tighten will break them, they are located just under the intake manifold on the engine block below the head.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:54 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

He bumped an old thread. The last post before his was from Sept. 2010.

Quick Reply: New to the site but i need help with my car