Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Neon SRT-4 Cutting Out

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010 | 08:28 AM
Sierra Valley
|
Default Neon SRT-4 Cutting Out

So im borrowning my brothers car while im working on my truck for the next few days and he tells me that its cutting out when you punch it. So I drive it home and get on it a few times to see what he is talking about. So when you get down on the throttle the car cuts out when you get in the throttle heavy, otherwise at normal acceleration and maintained speeds it runs like it should. Possible problem with the turbo? Its not throwing any engine codes so Im not sure where to start looking as Im not that familiar with turbo engines. Also when it cuts out the brake light lights up when the engine cuts out momentarily. The car is stock with no upgrades and has about 70,000 something miles on it.

Anybody have any experience with this? Also, if you could give me some idea as to where to start looking would be appreciated. Im not sure of the year but can find out if that matters. New to the forum and appreciate any help you guys can give.

Its a fun little car to drive and I can see gettting speed tickets in it easily because everytime I look down im doing 80mph. Car handles really nice. Pretty fun to drive.

Thanks

Last edited by Sierra Valley; 10-30-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-30-2010 | 06:10 PM
Sierra Valley
|

anybody?

Old 11-02-2010 | 02:38 AM
mxrnick
Veteran

i would say start with plugs and wires. make sure you gap them too.

Quick Reply: Neon SRT-4 Cutting Out