Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

motor mount insert vibration and shift knob keeps coming off

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010 | 05:21 PM
rickyrod33
|
Rookie
Default motor mount insert vibration and shift **** keeps coming off

i just got my motor mount inserts installed today.. been getting alot of vibrations getting into first gear.. why is it doing this? my shift **** also keeps coming of.. how can i get it to stay on?

Old 11-18-2010 | 01:22 AM
blacksunshine05
Professional

Originally Posted by rickyrod33
i just got my motor mount inserts installed today.. been getting alot of vibrations getting into first gear.. why is it doing this? my shift **** also keeps coming of.. how can i get it to stay on?
Get a Modern Peformance Shifter **** and that will eliminate your problem on the shifter **** coming off.

http://www.modernperformance.com/pol...ob-p-1282.html

Old 11-20-2010 | 11:28 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Husband just put those in for me but with bad mounts so I have heard they are suppose to vibrate a little have not had mine back in since he put new mounts in. You might check and see how yours are if the rubber parts off the mounts are wearing downthan youll need new ones and when you put the inserts back in might not vibrate at all. I dont know have not put mine back in yet. Like blacksunshine said get a modern performance one the stock ones tend to come off alot.

Quick Reply: motor mount insert vibration and shift knob keeps coming off