Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Lightweight wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 03:25 AM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightweight wheels?

I am ready to buy my wheels and tires, and I am going crazy[&:] right now, trying to find someone who has some good lightweight wheels I like in stock[:@].

I am looking for the lightest setup possible.

I am probably going with the toyo proxes t1-s since it's the lightest tire out there, and performs well, but maybe the t1r, or dunlop fm901's(80$ on sale now and are the second lightest tire).

Ideally, I want ssr comp's because of the 13 lb weight.(looks aren't that much an issue at 13.lbs)

Alternatively, I would settle for a substitute if it is under 17 lbs. Preferably, I like black 5 or 6 spokes, with a silver lip, but I am open to suggestion, too.

What lightweight wheels are you all rolling on, and where did you get them?

Thanks, all

Old 07-22-2005, 03:43 AM
BlackDragon
Rookie
Default RE: Lightweight wheels?

Check out motegi's new line of wheels, I think there are one or two that are black with a polished lip and under 15lbs, and they cost less than ssr's because they are made in the good ol' usa...

Lemme check for sure but I think the tracklite2's are black with polished lip, under 15lbs, and a clean 6 spoke wheel...

Old 07-22-2005, 03:46 AM
BlackDragon
Rookie

Yup, 14.5 lbs, 17x8 +45mm offset (yes they fit, seen them on srtforums), and damn good looking...

Old 07-22-2005, 04:55 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Are you wanting drag rims? Id go w/ something drag oriented like weld or something....If you want a lightweight big rim id go w/ volk or bbs or enkei....15 lbs is not the lightest but its a start. Ill look up some other lightweight rims for ya posthonda thru my rims books if you would like and give you the dealer cost....and the retails that way no one will try to screw ya. If you know a dealer that matches prices I could fax you the lowest cost so you can drive the price cheaper....

Old 07-22-2005, 12:08 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

i don't think he's looking for a drag rim, but a daily driving rim. so probably a 17" or 18", but i'm guessing 17"?

15lbs is pretty good for a 17" rim. i have the motegi traklite I's, and they're very nice 13.5 lbs or so, and i couldn't be happier. got a good price on them too, if you want the name just let me know.

Old 07-22-2005, 12:35 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

Highrevr/tflea - yes. definitely, let me know - pm me with info if you like, too. I would love to see what you come up with - this is tougher than I expected.

PSI Chick - yes. definitely, let me know - pm me with info if you like, too. I would love to see what you found. I know you definitely helped me out when I was in a bind before - this is tougher than I expected.

Old 07-23-2005, 11:53 AM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

Update - I am trying to find either the ssr comp or the motegi traklite 2, and I have had no luck. Anyone have any alternatives if I can't get those 2? Remember, light weight is key. Thanks

Old 07-23-2005, 05:29 PM
black4
Record Breaker

post-have you looked into centerline rims they way 15 pounds for 17s and are priced under 1000 for a set of 4? im looking o get a set of the polished 5 spoke storm series from them for 700 dollers.

Old 07-23-2005, 06:44 PM
American__Muscle
Veteran

those are so tight. CAnt believe how cheap they are too.

Old 07-23-2005, 07:42 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

Nice rims

Quick Reply: Lightweight wheels?