Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Mopar/Mopar Performance Parts and your Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005 | 08:36 PM
LilSparkPlug
|
Champion
Default Mopar/Mopar Performance Parts and your Warranty

Want to know about what you can and cant add and your Warranty?? Here it goes....and stickied as requested.

Mopar parts are the name for the OEM DCX parts currently on your vehicle.

Mopar Performance parts however, are entirely different. Staged kits are Mopar Performance parts. Mopar Staged brake kits, suspension, exhaust etc are all considered Mopar Performance parts. These can and may void your warranty depending on your dealership.

What can you do?

Talk to your dealership. Many will request that you spend excess money to have them install these Mopar Performance parts for you. Money which is usually unneccessary when many of these kits and parts are excessively simple to install. Speak with the service manager of your dealership, by phone or in person. Let them know what you plan or would like to add to the car. If they tell you they need to install it in order for it to be warrantied, attempt to negotiate on price. $100 for a Mopar BOV conversion plate installation is excessive. If your dealership won't comply, attempt another.

However...ANY dealership can REFUSE to work on your car for any given reason at all, and Chrysler cannot make an independently owned dealership work on any vehicle. More often than not your best bet is the dealership you bought it from.

There are memos flying out of the Chrysler representatives inboxes to all Service Managers around the nation about SRT-4s and what we do to them. DCX is seriously cracking down on what is warrantied and what is not. Be careful with what you do if you want your entire warranty to be in tact. Currently they are pickier than ever as we near the end of the production of the SRT-4.

If you have simple modifications, dealers are more likely to work on the car. If the parts are in ANY way shape or form, ENTIRELY aftermarket, or custom. NEVER expect that they or their attached components will be warrantied. Dealerships are more likely to cut slack for those who purchase a Mopar Borla exhaust from them, than have a CTi exhaust installed elsewhere.

Just be careful guys.....Mopar Performance parts....do not always equal a warranty. Talk to your Service Manager before purchase and installation, and work something out. If they're still willing, go for it.

Old 12-05-2005 | 03:51 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Default RE: Mopar/Mopar Performance Parts and your Warranty

Not only that, but if you read any of the Mopar Performance parts paperwork they all state clearly that Mopar Performance parts have no warranty what so ever in any way. Here it is in their own words on this matter:

"Mopar Performance parts are sold "as is" unless otherwise noted. This means that parts sold by Mopar Performance carry no warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, such as warranties of merchantability, are excluded. (An implied warranty of merchantability means that the part is reasonably fit for the general purpose for which it was sold). The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair."

Now about the use of Mopar Performance parts or other aftermarket parts on a warranted vehicle and their effects on the vehicles warranty. Here it is in their own words straight from DCX:

"Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition. The addition of performance parts does not by itself void a vehicle's warranty. However, added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on the vehicle from the factory) are not covered by the vehicle's warranty, and any failure that they may cause is also not covered by the vehicles warranty."

There is also the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act on your side for any claims in which the dealership refuses repairs under your warranty so long as the aftermarket/performance part is not the cause of the failure.

Old 06-14-2006 | 11:43 AM
Valo2170

how come in the manual it says? Some mods dont void warrantys but arent coverd! I asked my dealer what that means and he said,I can do what ever to my car (no nos or bigger turbo)and if that part f up or it breaks anything else those parts are not COVERD,not the whole warranty is gone. I have stg1,mm,intake,wha,fmic,sts,bov,hardpipes,open down pipe and lot more and they fix my whole tranny.No problems at all.They said the mods i have on my car dont void it just bigger turbo and nos.I guess im just lucky LOL

Old 06-14-2006 | 11:44 AM
Valo2170

sorry i reply to wrong one LOL

Old 07-09-2007 | 04:04 AM
Flash_Gordon2392
Rookie

ORIGINAL: LilSparkPlug

Want to know about what you can and cant add and your Warranty?? Here it goes....and stickied as requested.

Mopar parts are the name for the OEM DCX parts currently on your vehicle.

Mopar Performance parts however, are entirely different. Staged kits are Mopar Performance parts. Mopar Staged brake kits, suspension, exhaust etc are all considered Mopar Performance parts. These can and may void your warranty depending on your dealership.

What can you do?

Talk to your dealership. Many will request that you spend excess money to have them install these Mopar Performance parts for you. Money which is usually unneccessary when many of these kits and parts are excessively simple to install. Speak with the service manager of your dealership, by phone or in person. Let them know what you plan or would like to add to the car. If they tell you they need to install it in order for it to be warrantied, attempt to negotiate on price. $100 for a Mopar BOV conversion plate installation is excessive. If your dealership won't comply, attempt another.

However...ANY dealership can REFUSE to work on your car for any given reason at all, and Chrysler cannot make an independently owned dealership work on any vehicle. More often than not your best bet is the dealership you bought it from.

There are memos flying out of the Chrysler representatives inboxes to all Service Managers around the nation about SRT-4s and what we do to them. DCX is seriously cracking down on what is warrantied and what is not. Be careful with what you do if you want your entire warranty to be in tact. Currently they are pickier than ever as we near the end of the production of the SRT-4.

If you have simple modifications, dealers are more likely to work on the car. If the parts are in ANY way shape or form, ENTIRELY aftermarket, or custom. NEVER expect that they or their attached components will be warrantied. Dealerships are more likely to cut slack for those who purchase a Mopar Borla exhaust from them, than have a CTi exhaust installed elsewhere.

Just be careful guys.....Mopar Performance parts....do not always equal a warranty. Talk to your Service Manager before purchase and installation, and work something out. If they're still willing, go for it.
I have read the copy of my warranty for my SXT.And there is nothing about my brake system.And I still want to change it from drums to dics.Could I use the SRT-4 rear brake system?And would this void my warranty?

Old 08-04-2007 | 04:11 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I would check with the dealer first, just to be sure. If they give you the green light, make a note of who you talked to and when......

Dusty

Old 10-03-2007 | 02:11 PM
dodgetech81

i would go aftermarket for the rear disc brake system...changing from drums to disc will "viod" your warrenty on the rear brakes and only the rear brakes.aftermarket will be less exspensive and depending on what you choose also perform better... regardless no matter what you use if you have a issue with the rear brakes your dealer will not be able to warrenty it...your vin# lets them know it doesnt call for disc rears and any warrenty claims for rear disc will be denied...but it will not and cannot viod any other warrenty repairs..they would have to prove the rear disc brakes caused something to fail.. heres a link that may help you
http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm

Old 12-13-2007 | 02:00 PM
Burnnout
All Star

srt-4 have disc brakesall the way around.....

Old 12-22-2007 | 12:45 AM
spoolin05

ummmmm, so i talked to my dealer, or at least the guy that sold me my car and he said that as long as i have theminstall thesaidmopar parts that they would be covered under warranty. I just need to pay the deductible if anything were to be damaged or destroyed, which is like, a hundered dollars if im not mistaken. If i amwrong then please let me know.

Quick Reply: Mopar/Mopar Performance Parts and your Warranty