Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Whats wrong with my srt-4?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 01:03 AM
drkfinnicum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong with my srt-4?

Hi everyone i just purchased a 2004 Dodge srt-4 last Sunday. This is my first car with a turbo in it so im kind of new to the whole turbo world. At first i loved the car now its giving me problems. First one day i was driving it and i was at a red light and it turned green and i started to drive off and went to shift it into 2nd and heard a loud clunk and then loud grinding sound when i gave it the gas. I was able to put it in gear but when i gave it the gas it made a loud grinding sound and it wouldn't move. it ended up being the passenger side axle. so i replaced that and now im not getting any boost at all in first gear or second gear sometimes i will in 2nd but it would be very low but i get boost fine in 3rd 4th and 5th but instead of peaking at 17psi and then resting at 15psi it now peaks at 15psi and rests at 12 to 13psi. im not sure if this is a boost leak or what. also sometimes its hard to put in gear and sometimes when im done driving i can smell like something is burning but its only sometimes. also when im in neutral i can hear a low whining sound and when i press in the clutch it goes away but when i release the clutch i hear a click sound and then the whining sound starts again, im not sure if something is wrong with my clutch or what PLEASE HELP

Old 06-15-2012, 01:07 AM
drkfinnicum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also now when im driving and i let off the gas to coast i hear a slight grinding sound and when i take it out of gear it stops. also when im driving if i hold in the clutch and try to put it in first while moving its hard to do and it makes a high pitch whining sound. when im sitting still i can put it in first just fine it only does it when im moving.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with my srt-4?