Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Anyone have the HKS ssq bov?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 01:26 AM
05ACR_SRT4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have the HKS ssq bov?

Does anyone have the HKS SSQ BOV and if so how did you end up installing it and was ita pain? im thinkin about gettin it or having my car sent to a shop because i hear it has to be custom welded to the charge pipe since like no companies make a direct bolt on for our cars? Anyone have any ideas on the email me at Jimmy0671@aol.com

Old 08-24-2005, 02:05 AM
orangesrt
Rookie
Default RE: Anyone have the HKS ssq bov?

I have the SSQ. Go to Perrin's web site. I bought their chargepipe with the adaptor for the bov. I took mine to the dealer to get it instaled.

Old 08-24-2005, 02:08 AM
05ACR_SRT4

Did they say anything about your warranty being voided and with the new charge pipe did it increase ur performance any? im new to the whole turbo thing

Old 08-24-2005, 01:36 PM
dOmestIc_rIce
Rookie

ORIGINAL: 05ACR_SRT4

Did they say anything about your warranty being voided and with the new charge pipe did it increase ur performance any? im new to the whole turbo thing

no performance...just the psssst sound...it sounds wayyy better than the adapter plate when you get it installed by them ask..its doesnt hurt to ask them....

Old 08-24-2005, 04:01 PM
TurboPowered
Veteran

I would think it would affect your warranty, however they still have to prove that the problem was caused by the BOV. I wouldnt get it installed by the dealer though, just do it yourself.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:15 PM
orangesrt
Rookie

They did say that there was a very small chance that it could mess with the warranty. They said they couldn't really think of anyway it would as long as it is installed properly.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:56 PM
200srt4
Veteran

it will def. void the warranty- the dealer would no doubt say that whatever warranty issue you had, had something to do with you putting aftermarket stuff on

so your choices are simple-either leave your car alone if you're worried aboutt he warranty, or make sure you take everything off if you need to bring it in for work-which is definitely time consuming