Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

What "SRT" stands for

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 12:32 PM
RIPSIGUY
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What "SRT" stands for

There was some discussion what the acronym "SRT" stands for. I was just reading the DaimlerChryler news letter we get here at the dealership. There is an article about the sucess DC is having with the lineup. In the article the official name means "Street and Racing Technology. I don't remember if we had clarified this or not, but I thought I'd share it with you all.

BTW, there is a web site on future DCX lineups, scoop.chrysler.com, or search "Get the Scoop". I have not tried it yet, it may be interesting.

They also go on to say they had a 15 billion 2nd quarter operating profit, mostly from the Chrysler group. Mercedes car group was up slightly from a loss last year. Quality from 2002 is up 21 points, the best of any US auto maker. BUT, Toyota has increased 12 points, so it's a moving target. Chrysler considers Toyota the benchmark for volume brand quality, thats the target.

Old 08-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: What "SRT" stands for

I thought every knew that. I've known for a long time what SRT meant. I thought it was common knowledge.

Old 08-27-2005, 04:08 PM
RIPSIGUY
Captain

There was some question and different theorys as to what it meant......confusion between R/T and SRT.

Old 08-28-2005, 07:55 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've known since they first brought out the Dodge Neon SRT concept car, back when they still used the Neon in the name and before it got the -4 added to it. It was also supercharged and not turbocharged back then.

Old 08-28-2005, 08:11 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

i knew thats what it stood for but i heard awhile ago that they might change it too "strip, road, and track"

Quick Reply: What "SRT" stands for