Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Help~cOOLANT IS GONE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 12:49 AM
Shannon Erstad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help~cOOLANT IS GONE!

I have a 04' SRT-4 that I just changed timing belt,water pump and thermostat.6 months later it starts making the gurgling noise when I shut it off.KNowing that noise is coming from the coolant overflow n radiator,because it did that when my thermostat stuck.Checked it,and was empty? SO had my friend who is my mechanic look at it.Did the test that hooked into the radiator..as soon as I started her up it shot up past the black into the danger zone.Ok..so to make sure we did the other testing(I have no idea what they are called) when a blue liquid in a tube will turn color when mixed w the anti freeze n shows that it has carbon or something in it.Since my thermostat was stuck half way open I re[placed it agsain to be sure.Well it never changed color,but as soon as the car is started the water is bubbling in the radiator. He thinks my head gasket is ready to blow.No milky white oil,or smoke at all. I dont wanna have to dump a ton of money back into it again if that is not what it is....any ideas>PLEASE HEL{P!

Old 03-05-2013, 01:42 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

First off the system needs to be properly filled and bleed before you can test the pressure. Also make sure the coolant is good, no water. Test the radiator cap cracking pressure after that. If you failed the hyrdo carbon tester the head gasket is bad, it means there is exhaust gas in your coolant. Coolant boiling or "gurgling" can be caused from lack of coolant, poor coolant, poor radiator cap, overheated engine, leak, or head gasket. If you have the pressure tester hooked up on a cold motor and you jack the throttle and the gauge flys up from 0 into the danger zone then the headgasket is bad.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Shannon Erstad

thank so much for the info...just got the head gasket changed and put back together...but for some reason the temp gauge inside the car fell from 200 degrees down to around 150 while I was driving...so I pulle dover and waited for a few minutes.Started her up and it went back to 200...and repeated over again...today it doesnt even move...this is really pissing me off....any ideas...thanks!

Old 03-19-2013, 06:44 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The gauge isn't working right? I ask that because your car does not run at the same exact temperature every time you drive it. A bad sensor or sensor wiring would be likely unless there is still something wrong with the engine itself.

Quick Reply: Help~cOOLANT IS GONE!