Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Most Expensive car u've beaten?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005 | 02:35 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker
Default RE: Most Expensive car u've beaten?

ORIGINAL: BlackScreaminMachine

2002 Viper GTS w/ mods (not much but it wasnt stock lol).

here is the video

http://www.mainstreamtopics.com/~scr...ith%20Mods.WMV

(right-click, save as)
Personally, I wouldn't brag so hard on that one - the Viper's driver must have been asleep at the wheel. A GTS has a stock 1/4 time between 12.0 @ 122 and 12.2 @ 118 depending on who you talk to and what year, and would have been right next to you or ahead at the finish. Remember - that is stock. We are talking about a pretty potent machine. I could've easily beaten that guy in my srt-4. Nice run though, aside from the crappy driver in a modded Viper which should go much faster than it did. It almost looked like he gave you a head start, then launched it from idle.

One consolation, I wonder if the Viper was underestimating you and thinking his car was the shiz. If so, and he thought he could f-with you, than nice kill.

Looks like your bird launches pretty hard, what are your 60ft. times like?

Old 09-30-2005 | 05:24 PM
BlackScreaminMachine

Well dont worry about what cars should do, what a car actual does are based on driver, track, conditions etc etc.

Potential is one thing, reality is another and thats with any vehicle.

As for that gentleman he did get better over all doing the day, he got a best of 12.5 and i forget the mph. But I did beat a viper gts

As for the actual distance, Reaction time has NOTHING to do with E/T, the time difference is the time difference. If you were running the bracket races you add R/T to E/T and subtract the difference and see who is closer to their dail in. Oh and just I will state my car had a dying tranny, dying posi, and stock suspension with nitto 245/50-16 drag radials (2000 rpm stall).

I spent this entire year upgrading everything and getting it sorted. But the car launches harder and is faster than it was last year, just need to get the timeslip.

This run was at Lebenon Valley Dragway in NY, which is a horrible track, compared to Atco, Etown, NED, Cecil, or Maple grove. So take it for what you will. On that day, that mans best time couldnt beat mine, no matter how much he had down on paper

Also for the record, i am buying a new DD which i plan on it being a SRT-4 and thats why i am posting here.

Laters

Old 09-30-2005 | 06:46 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

nice little video and you're right, no matter how you spell, you can say you beat a Viper... hehe...

SRT-4 for a daily driver would make a nice little toy to take to work. I recommend the 04 E.blue models... but... ha-ha

Old 09-30-2005 | 07:02 PM
BlackScreaminMachine

Yea, I want either Red Or Blue, or to a lesser extent, silver, but wish me luck i need to find one that has be just driven, un modded, and not raced (well again to a extent)

Old 09-30-2005 | 09:12 PM
wozman78
Rookie

sooo... do you guys think i could beat my friends lightning? i think he's done a few things to it.i kinda think he will take me.i've got stage2 ,intake ,exhaust ,all that stuff.what do you guys think?should i do it?

Old 10-01-2005 | 10:48 AM
BlackScreaminMachine

As far as the lightning is concerned there are many different factors, what Generation?? there are 2 of them, one being not supercharged.... stock, though you should should pull from a roll, from a dead stop and if he hooks, it could be anyones game.

Old 10-01-2005 | 06:57 PM
wozman78
Rookie

it's a 2002,so it's super charged.we've played around a little with them but never actually went head to head.i ride in the truck all the time and it seems to be faster but that may be all in my head.so shoud i go for it?

Old 10-06-2005 | 01:44 AM
200srt4
Veteran

the most expensive car i've ever beaten by far was a bran new Maybach, still with temp plates on it. Some kid was driving it (I could only assume from one dealer to the next) and pulled up next to me at a light and started revving his $hit, then peeled out as soon as the light turned green. I laughed, then launched and passed him in no time at all and was OUT-its a pretty sweet car though

Old 10-06-2005 | 03:58 PM
dOmestIc_rIce
Rookie

umm the only car i have beaten or has been only willing to run me is my brothers EVO, hahahahh...i remember when i whooped me when i had my civic! but wow, now he just sitting in my rear view mirror! not to mention I like him there, but yet he still doesnt give up, after 5 runs...hahhaha

Old 04-07-2006 | 03:35 AM
mxrnick
Veteran

i think you could take a svt lightnig. my car was stock and i almost had a lightning. it was in the rain and as soon as i hooked up i kept right with him.

Quick Reply: Most Expensive car u've beaten?