Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Oil changes in the driveway...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005 | 08:57 PM
Stainz05
|
Default Oil changes in the driveway...

Okay, I have paid for one oil change in each of our '05's - my Jeep Liberty and my wife's SRT-4. Time to get nasty again, so I ordered two cases of the same MOPAR filter - it fits both - from a source found here - $80 delivered. A trip to Wally World for some Pennzoil 5W30 for the SRT-4 and 10W30, $7/5qt bottle, for the Jeep followed. I am volumetrically challenged, so the Jeep, with it's great ground clearance, was first. No problems... next, the pocket-rocket... oops! Where is the oil filter? I couldn't find it! I gave in, packed the filter & oil over to the brother-in-law's service shop and his lift. Wow... what a neat place for a filter - just aft of the drain! What is the heat exchanger there - a pre-oil cooler? I guess subsequent changes will be back at the driveway - and what I thought was the starter motor, although I never considered why it wasn't at the bell housing, was the filter... cool.

I found a rubbery plastic cover laying on the front of the engine - trapped by a hose. It went over the clutch slave cylinder on the front of the bell housing - after I poked what looked like a plastic tie back in... what gives? Should I go back to the dealer about this? They generally have little knowledge about MT's... in fact, their guy that moves the car to the service bays for service seemed out of place in a stick.

I suppose I'll go with the Mobil 1 next time - maybe early (It has 9k now...), as it has had dino oil changes. Time for the OCC... ah, the driveway 'shop'... it has seen a myriad of MOPAR's, Alfa Romeo's, Fiats, and even a Rambler... the oils I have spilled... the cat litter I have used (But that's another story!).

Stainz

Quick Reply: Oil changes in the driveway...