Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Are map clamps safe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 12:37 PM
coyoteyz13
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are map clamps safe?

I am thinking about putting a map clamp on my stage 2 to lean it out a little bit. Aree they safe?

[IMG]local://upfiles/8817/D88AB60FE20A468B8E0FCC4D439373FD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Gump
Record Breaker
Default RE: Are map clamps safe?

imo no there not, and you wont catch me with one on my car. your hiding how much boost your putting out from your ecu so it always things that your only pushing Xpsi so if something changes where your pushing more than you were your computer wont know it and you can mess stuff up. ill leave it more open for others to discuss...

Old 10-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Batphreak
Veteran

Why would you want to run leaner? Especially on a forced induction car. The point of the induction is to get denser/more air going into the cylinders, more air requires more fuel, more fuel gives more bang, more bang is more power. If you lean it up you run hotter, less efficient, much higher possibility of burning something up. Sounds like a VERY bad idea to me.

Old 10-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Gump
Record Breaker

well ill fill you in batphreak. s2 runs super rich, like low 9's a/f. your car will put out the most power when its a/f ratio is closest to being even or stoch. different people have different ideas of whats best, but there all around 11.5-12.3 ish depending on how safe you want to be. the leaner you go the higher your egts but you put out more power. have you seen s2 dynos? they only add about 10-20whp since there a/f is off the charts rich, which keeps the car safe but you loose a lot of hp that way.

Quick Reply: Are map clamps safe?