Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Winter Hideout

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005 | 11:02 AM
stormrider
Default Winter Hideout

Hey guys im putting my baby away for the winter and i was wondering what i need to do before i cover her up? or if anyone knows a site where i can get some info

Thanks

Old 11-05-2005 | 11:39 PM
Andy4.7
Captain
Default RE: Winter Hideout

Fuel stabilizer, maybe...

Old 11-06-2005 | 03:10 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Alot of people take the wheels off and leave the car on jackstands, which isnt neccessary, but if you feel the need then go for it. Another thing they sell, thats huge with corvette owners is a small plug in battery charger, nothing huge, just a small one. And it keeps the battery fully charged all winter long, BUT shuts off on its own when the battery is charged, and fires back up when it senses that its weak.

Its always good to start the car, and let it idle just to get the fluids flowing through the engine, that can never hurt. And a ride every now and then when theres no salt, sand or white stuff on the roads wouldnt hurt him either.

Gas line antifreeze and all that **** which is obvious if your in an extremely cold area....but other than that I cant think of anything else.

Old 11-06-2005 | 03:28 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

Fuel stabilizer for sure. Moth ***** (no joke) for sure if your garage/barn has mice like mine. You outta see what they did to the wires under the hood of my Buick that I just pulled out of my backyard after only about a year. I here tell they don't like the smell of moth *****. I should take my own advice eh?

Old 11-07-2005 | 11:27 AM
stormrider

lol moth *****! I will try that those bastards nibble threw everything. Im gonna leave her on jack stands and cover it up so no one scrathes it!(already got a few).

Thanks

Old 11-07-2005 | 03:31 PM
whatneon
Professional

Ive heard starting it for 20 mins every month was bad. Reason given was condensate inside the cranckcase, trans & exhaust??? I never start mine during storage. Ive stored older things (bikes & cars) metal gas tanks store full to avoid rust above the fuel level and I take my battery into the basement for warmer storage and top off charge perodically. Does ours have a plastic gas tank? Add fuel stablizer and change oil before storing.

Old 11-07-2005 | 08:17 PM
mopar222
Veteran

I second that. If you just start the car and don't let it warm up completely, you will just be adding contaminants to your oil and you will not be able to burn them off without driving the car. Change the oil, and let it sit. The used oil that is currently in your car may containe acids and other contaminents which can pit alluminum and other stuff, so changeing the oil is the best bet, and then you will be ready when the weather breaks.

Quick Reply: Winter Hideout