Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Crooked Exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 06:35 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crooked Exhaust Tips

wow he went there....LOL apparently hamsties arent the wierdest thing ever to show in the forums...huh, wordslayer??? Hows your sister ???LOL For any others who dont know ...ya had to be there....

Old 11-09-2005, 04:14 PM
RIPSIGUY
Captain

There is a TSB on this issue form Chrysler.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:04 AM
BigMac
Professional

Mine were crooked, and after trying in vain to get the original pipes straight the dealer replaced the entire catback for me under warranty. Now they're straight! [sm=happy046.gif]

Old 11-10-2005, 03:05 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

Sorry, but I don't think they will stay straight. I just went and looked at mine last night and they are crooked again. I had them straight.

Old 11-10-2005, 12:19 PM
manatlarge2
Rookie

If its just one tip higher or lower than the other, jack the rear up, support it with stands and useing a 12" rachet extension, or pry bar, pry the side down that is closest to the rear facia, until they line up to your expectations. Now if one side sticks out futher than the other, this works with the stock and mopar cat back, loosen the clamp by the rear wheel(clamps on the Mopar) using the same prying device, pry the hanger forward until they line up with your expectations. Always pry down or toward the rear, never pry up (towards the roof) or back (towards the front of the car) this will make the problem worse. And if you pry to much, you guessed it you will break the hanger off. And if you have the mopar cat back test drive it, get it nice and hot and check the tip alighnment, remembering what needs to be corrected, let it cool off and adjust it again. You might have to do this a few times with the mopar catback to get the tips sticking out and level both when they are hot an cold. Always allow them to cool complety down before you try to do anyting..1800 degrees..it goes out the exhaust pipe.

Old 11-12-2005, 05:57 PM
BigMac
Professional

ORIGINAL: Pressurecooker

Sorry, but I don't think they will stay straight. I just went and looked at mine last night and they are crooked again. I had them straight.
We'll see. They've been good for several months now, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 11-20-2005, 02:09 AM
Olie70
Professional

IT's from all that TORQUE!!!!!!!!

I shipped my SRT back to the states two weeks ago... Back to driving a 92 Cavalier.....GOD I MISS MY SRT!!!!!!!!! 0-60 mph in 50 mins!!!!!!! Got a good insurance quote for where I am going, though....$ 537.00 here compared to $67.00 a month in VA.....YES!!!

Italy.....OUT!!!!!

Quick Reply: Crooked Exhaust Tips