Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

AEM Intake Vacuum Hose Question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 06:43 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AEM Intake Vacuum Hose Question?

just cap the end. a ball bearing the fits tight and you can re-attach it, one option. I stuck a bolt in and clamped it.

Old 11-17-2005, 06:59 PM
flameredsrt
Veteran

it looks like it goes behind the battery.If i take out the battery will i be able to get to it?if not whats the easiest route?also the line that runs from the valve cover to the intake,would i be able to cap the intake side and run a vac. line with a breather for the valve cover side? thanx in advance
sorry but your post just confused the sh*t out of me........[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 11-17-2005, 11:20 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: flameredsrt

it looks like it goes behind the battery.If i take out the battery will i be able to get to it?if not whats the easiest route?also the line that runs from the valve cover to the intake,would i be able to cap the intake side and run a vac. line with a breather for the valve cover side? thanx in advance
sorry but your post just confused the sh*t out of me........[sm=dontgetit.gif]
I am very confused by this: You are questioning the meaning of your own post?

Old 11-18-2005, 03:28 AM
Bob96
Rookie

The unanswered question is still; What is this hose for and where does it lead to? I would like to know this before I cap it off. It provided a clean air souce to somewhere>>>

Old 11-18-2005, 10:39 AM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Bob96

The unanswered question is still; What is this hose for and where does it lead to? I would like to know this before I cap it off. It provided a clean air souce to somewhere>>>
Copied from a few posts above yours, homie - read more carefully.

Oh - you mean the black vaccum line I guess - sorry. A lot of people just plug it - it is essentially a small boost leak. It is there as part of the evaporative emmissions system or something, to keep the tank from possibly pressurizing, but many feel it is wholly unimportant. Some engineers will argue to the contrary and a few people in the know have sided with them, but I can say that it made a little bit of a difference for me.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:01 PM
flameredsrt
Veteran

Sorry(posthonda)i confused myself..i just went ahead and capped the intake part and put a bolt in the vac line and clamped it(like you said)[sm=smiley20.gif].I think it was the ball bearing thing that threw me off.Now since i did this do i have to worry about anything?I guess what im asking is it unsafe to have that capped or should i just not worry about it?Thanks for the input sorry about the confusion..

Old 12-05-2005, 03:13 AM
S R T 4 M E

while you all are on the topic of hoses that feed directly into the afermarket intake that cause "spooge" or oil to affects/effect the turbo, i want to ask oppinions. i was told by a dodge mechanic that if you put a breather, or what looks like a really small K&N filter on the vent hose where the spooge comes from, you can get blow by. he said that this blow by was Definitely a bad thing. but im now hearing that if i plug the hose into my AEM intake it will "mess" up my turbo. im not sure what to do with mine.

Old 12-08-2005, 06:01 PM
TRAV
Rookie

How are you guys going about capping off the intake itself. Are you running a bolt into a short piece of hose. What about the breather? Are you using one of those little ones from Advanced Auto?

Old 12-08-2005, 06:54 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: TRAV

How are you guys going about capping off the intake itself. Are you running a bolt into a short piece of hose. What about the breather? Are you using one of those little ones from Advanced Auto?
Look in the "HELP" parts section. They have(or another brand if not) rubber nipples that you can throw on there. I just used one of their cheapo breather filters - they are fine. I would suggest one of those absorbent sock typ thingies, though - after a year the filter is soaked with oil and tends to drip...then again as they are only 7.99, I might just replace them when they get too oiley.

Here are some shots of my setup if it helps.:

[IMG]local://upfiles/4404/21E69FBA8DBD41BE99A1FB7DD59813D2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4404/6245A5AED0104FE3BACAC09FBFA85C91.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4404/8D48197D8A3C4DD19D03F77ED463CAA7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-08-2005, 07:00 PM
TRAV
Rookie

Thanks Post, picture is worth 1,000 words

Quick Reply: AEM Intake Vacuum Hose Question?