Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Allen Webbs/Vancouver Dodge SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 08:35 PM
MYSRT4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allen Webbs/Vancouver Dodge SUCKS

I just want everyone here in the local area of Portland / Vancouver to stay away from Allen Webbs Vancouver Mazda Dodge. They recently have changed owners and i believe along with other people in this area that they are shotty and unreliable. Heres the situation I have a 03 SRT4 that i have taken to them many times before they were bought By Allen Webb I never had any problems. About six months ago i started to have a clicking in the tranny axle areas somewhere in that area mainly when I turned left at least it got louder when i turned left so i took it to Vancouver Dodge. After we talked a while they came to the conclusion it was the drivers side cv joint they replaced it. I got my car back and did not even make it a quarter mile and the noise was as plain as day. So i took it back the service manager told me that it needed to break or get considerably worse before they could fix it "THEY DID NOT WANT TO TAKE THE TIME TO EXPLORE THE PROBLEM". Anyway I drove it around for 2 months then i had the stage 3 put on with 3" exaust and clutch masters stage 3 clutch. The noise got worse so i took it back. The service manager again told me this time it was my wheel bearings so they replaced my drivers side inner and outer bearings. Guess what i drove it for about 2 miles this time the noise was the same i took it back and they told me maybee i should take it to another dealership "HOW PROFESSIONAL" so i did I went to Timberline Dodge in Portland WHAT A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE But they said since Vancouver Dodge had so many open tickets on my car with no solutions they would prefer that i took it back to Vancouver Dodge. But Timberline still took the time to drive it and check it out and give me an idea on the problem. 3 techs took it for a ride and all 3 of them said it is not the tranny it is something in the drivesahfts or in that area because the noise does not stop when you push in the clutch and it does stop when you swerve back and forth on the road anyway all 3 techs at Timberline Dodge ruled out the tranny. So i took it back to Vancouver Dodge instantly they say it is the passanger side bearings they did the bearings and i think for the first time drove it after their repairs and said the noise is still there so they think it is the tranny. So after about a week i call them because no one is calling me to let me know what is going on and they tell me that all that noise is the clutch that i had put in when i did the stage 3 go figure " COMPLAINED ABOUT THE NOISE MONTHS BEFORE I PUT THE CLUTCH IN" anyway they showed me a part out of the tranny "the shifting fork" and showed me some marks on it "which to me and the techs where i had the clutch done and Timberline Dodge techs just plain wear marks" Vancouver Dodge said that the shifting fork has been modified or grinded to fit. These guys at Vancouver dodge are the most crooked people i have ever dealt with to take a consumer and lie to him so he has to pay for tranny work is beyond me all they had to do is say that there was a problem with the shifting fork and it would have been all covered by warranty 600 bucks out of my pocket at christmas with a brand new baby

Old 12-22-2005, 03:19 AM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: Allen Webbs/Vancouver Dodge SUCKS

um...ok. clifnotes. you have a clicking, they decided that it was due to a modified fork that was installed with the clutch, and you had to pay for a fork? is that right? just want to be sure i'm getting this.

Old 12-22-2005, 07:33 PM
MYSRT4
Professional

ORIGINAL: PSI Chick

um...ok. clifnotes. you have a clicking, they decided that it was due to a modified fork that was installed with the clutch, and you had to pay for a fork? is that right? just want to be sure i'm getting this.
no first they said it was a cv joint they replaced that did not fix the noise this was about 6 months ago they told be it had to break or get worse before they would look again. about 2 months went by i got stage 3 put on and the noise got worse i took it back and they said it was the wheel bearings they replaced those did not fix the probel noise was still there.I complained again so they told me to go to another dealership and i did the other dealer ahd 3 techs drive my car and they ruled out the tranny and said it was something in the axle area and that they did not want to get in the middle of so many open tickets at Vancouver Dodge so take it back to them. So i did this time they said it was the passanger side bearings they replaced them then drove it the noise was still there thats when they called me and said it was in the tranny. They took the tranny apart and found nothing internal was wrong. They took out the shifting fork and said that from yhe looks of it the fork was modified to compinsate for a clearence issue with the stage 3 clutch from clutch master. I contacted the shop that installed my clutch and they said it was a direct fit clutch no mods needed they dont even have the tools to grind on the shift fork. So i took the shift fork to Timberline Dodge and they stated that it looked like normal waer on the fork to them when i brought this up to Vancouver Dodge they said that Timberline are a bunch of idiots and were wrong evrybody that i have had look at the fork says the same thing NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR so what do i do i have alredy paid i took it right in the *** no lube needed

Old 12-23-2005, 01:40 AM
Lzealot

When they replaced the fork did that take care of the problem or is it still making the noise?

Old 12-24-2005, 07:13 PM
MYSRT4
Professional

ORIGINAL: Lzealot

When they replaced the fork did that take care of the problem or is it still making the noise?
still making the noise but not as loud so they say they fixed it and now i am hearing a different noise"IMAGINE THAT"

Old 12-24-2005, 10:04 PM
Lzealot

LoL if it's still making the noise then there's obviously something else going on. They are going to have to suck it up and dig in and figure out what's wrong. Don't let them off the hook too easily especially if they made you pay. Now it's your turn to make them live up to their work.

Old 12-27-2005, 02:40 AM
MYSRT4
Professional

yeah but what if i go in and they say it is lets say the front hub but since i put on after market wheels and tires i have to pay for the repair

Quick Reply: Allen Webbs/Vancouver Dodge SUCKS