Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

oil pressure gauge question???

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 09:35 PM
doof432
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure gauge question???

I don't like this car not having an oil pressure gauge, and since the turbo makes it burn/lose oil, I think it needs one even more. Has anyone hooked one up on their's? What all do you need? How hard & how much time?

I already have a oil pressure gauge, it came out of the roadrunner, but it is an autometer and matches the boost gauge perfectly, but before I start messing with stuff, I need to know what all is envolved/required.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Old 04-25-2004, 04:31 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: oil pressure gauge question???

Same here. I have both an Autometer Pro Comp Ultra Lite(these are the silver faced gauges that match the factory) electric oil pressure and volt gauges that I had in my R/T. I would like to put them in my SRT-4, but I'm not sure where the factory oil sending unit is, I hope it's not the same as my R/T. I was embarassed by the lack of an oil pressure and volt gauge, that should be just as important as the speedo and fuel gauges. I need to clean up and paint the oil sending unit for the gauge before I ever use it again, they get corroded and look like crap if you don't.

Quick Reply: oil pressure gauge question???