Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

SRT-4 AWD Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 03:54 PM
04_T_4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SRT-4 AWD Conversion?

I am now making it my goal to make my SRT-4 AWD, this may sound stupid to some, but I want to do something a little different than everyone else.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:35 AM
Gump
Record Breaker

keep track of all of the costs and post them up when your done...

Old 06-30-2006, 06:03 PM
04_T_4
Rookie

That I can do, it will ba a little while, I am getting married in less than two months, but then I can start the upgrades. I am trying to find the tranny from an AWD eclipse, and then I start the process.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:38 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

had any luck with the awd? just curious how far you got before the new wife cut the funding[8D]

Old 09-11-2006, 02:17 AM
05SRTStage3
Professional

I don't think that is possible because of the way that the transmission is sitting sideways under the engine. It is mounted transversely and not directly under you will have to fabricate a completely new transmission mounting system and all components that go along with the transmission.......I already tried and had no luck

Old 09-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Whatsrt4
Rookie

I would settle for rear drive. Any ideas on a tranny that would mount >srt motor. Keep us posted if things work out ,thats great-how else would we get things better if people don't try new stuff. Other people puting srt4 motors in 1st gens made it a lot easier for me!!!

Old 10-04-2006, 04:57 PM
300ZXSRT4
Captain

ORIGINAL: Gump

dumb waste of time... sorry but thats how i feel about that whole concept.
Exactly.

I can't believe people are still asking these questions. Just be happy with what you have; a fast front wheel drive vehicle. Do some mods and learn the car really well. Enjoy the car.[8D]

For future reference on a couple of things.

1. Topic search is your friend. There has been many posts concerning AWD on the SRT-4, look them up.

2. With pretty much anything mechanical it is usually not a matter if it is possible, it is a matter of cost. If you have to ask how much it will cost then you don't have the money to complete the project and make it work efficiently in the first place.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:28 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

can someone close this thread or what??? if you wanted AWD, should have bought an AWD car. end of discussion.

the only time i ever want to see another AWD neon thread is if someone actually does it. not that it would be worth it but it would be interesting to see if someone turned talk into action and actually accomplished something different.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:10 PM
300ZXSRT4
Captain

ORIGINAL: flamingpinhead

can someone close this thread or what??? if you wanted AWD, should have bought an AWD car. end of discussion.

the only time i ever want to see another AWD neon thread is if someone actually does it. not that it would be worth it but it would be interesting to see if someone turned talk into action and actually accomplished something different.
Thank you.

This guy might have meant well but this topic beat the **** out of a dead horse a long time ago and still to this day I have yet to see one person complete this project. If this project were easy to do or worth it for that matter it would be like a AEM short ram intake mod, just about everybody would have it.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:21 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya I may not own an SRT4 but I have been a member of srtforums for almost 3 years now, and I know I have read this topic multiple times, and am about 98% positive it'll NEVER happen. *ponders* Now, on the Caliber... adding the SRT4 engine and drivetrain to the R/T's AWD... that seems to be possible doings. :-)

Quick Reply: SRT-4 AWD Conversion?