Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

SRT-4 Body kits?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 07:35 PM
morf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT-4 Body kits?

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have recently joined the Air force and ha been looking into buying a new car. So far i have my eyes set on the SRT-4. i have heard many good things about it and few bad things(interior rather lame). i was just wondering a few things.. 1.) Why can't i find any body kits for the SRT-4? i find the stock ground effects to be rather ... well not as apealing as they could be. 2.) i am not only new to this forum but i am new to customising cars. and i have noticed that you have mentionedthe BOV? i am not certain of what that is could someone please explain? .. 3.) what the average insurance for full coverage? ... ahh yes. one last question. .. 4.) is it true that when shifting gears you can hear it go .. chssshhh or something to that extent? thanx again.

Old 05-16-2004, 11:31 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: SRT-4 Body kits?

BOV is a Blow Off Valve, which doesn't do anything for performance, but sounds cool as hell and can really shake up someone in another car. I pay about $1200 a year for full coverage thru USAA. The "air brake" sound you're referring to is the BOV in action...[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-17-2004, 05:15 AM
byebye
Veteran

There are kits out there for the 03 neon that I think do fit. You are an E-??? or an 0-????. If you just joined the airforce, congrats to ya. If you are an "E" than chances are you won't get financed easily. Notice I did say "easily". My wife works for Navy Federal Credit Union and has alot of new military come in trying to buy lexus' and BMW's. The way they finance is how much do you make? What kind of car? How much to insure? They do give people up to a certain amount so they do try to give you somthing instead of sending you packing. Be careful not to just get a loan at any interest rate because you want the car so bad. I hate to be so critical but buying a body kit for this car is like buy a Corvette ZO6 and looking for a bodykit. It's an SRT-4, not a neon sxt or a nissan sentra or some honda civic. If you aren't happy with the way it looks don't buy one. I understand you are a noob but please try a search here or www.norcalsrt4.com or try www.srtforums.com for answers to your questions. Alot of people who own these cars have done alot of research and posting just for people like you. I am by no means an "ASE certified mechanic" so I just read and read and read and have learned everything because of all the hard work that other people have done. Good luck.
Kris H.

Old 05-17-2004, 09:23 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my SRT-4 at a car show over the weekend and some moron thought it was a Neon with a body kit on it, and not a very good one at that. That's what I overheard him say to his buddies. So I mentioned, out loud so they heard it, to a friend that some people are so stupid that they don't even realize that this car came this way from the factory and that it was bone stock.

Old 05-17-2004, 02:44 PM
Jackass

Any neon 03 and up body kit will fit the srt I've been looking and there arn't much out there the best one I've seen is the wings west body kit, its a wide body kit that looks great if ya got the wallet for it

Old 05-17-2004, 04:38 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

What cave did that guy crawl out of?????[:'(]

Old 05-17-2004, 05:20 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

HAHAHAHA.....

Old 05-17-2004, 08:29 PM
morf

I did just join and i am an E-. how ever since i have college i will start as an E-3. which will be about 15-1700 a month. the SRT-4s are only 20k here and so i figure i can talk the dealer atleast to 18k. and with my 5k down. i should only have to finance 13000$. the payments will be about 200-250$ a month and shouldn't be a problem.

Old 05-17-2004, 08:39 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

You're gonna be one happy E-3!!![sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 05-18-2004, 12:19 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

If you can get him down to 18 they'll be taking a loss- one of the great things about the car is that there is very little margin- dealer cost is 19 something. A few people in my wife's family work for DCX, and we get green sheet on their products (it doesn't apply to the SRT 4, but we still got to see all the numbers) and so we are able see all the costs involved.
Good luck though- this car is worth a little extra effort to get into![sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: SRT-4 Body kits?