Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Went shopping for a Dakota R/T...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004 | 02:09 AM
T_Bone
Default Went shopping for a Dakota R/T...

...and saw a black 2004 SRT-4 in the showroom. Being a Grand Cherokee owner it really wasn't what I was looking for. The salesman told me to sit in it and check out the Viper style seats and I was imperssed, but still not what I was looking for. Then I saw the price tag of $20K and couldn't understand why so inexpensive. I have been researching for the past week on this board and reading reviews and I'm going to test drive one tomorrow. I have a feeling I'll be buying one in within the next week. There is a black one and a silver one withing 5 miles of my house.

Thanks for all the good info. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-28-2004 | 02:20 AM
Barneydriver
Captain
Default RE: Went shopping for a Dakota R/T...

heh heh heh... snagged another one... this is too easy (well, the car makes it too easy).

Old 05-28-2004 | 04:31 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

I'm certain that you will buy one, especially after you drive one. It will be over and you will never look back. You will sign the paperwork so fast that you won't even notice or care about all the crap they added to the price of it.[sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 05-28-2004 | 12:58 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I need to get a job as a SRT-4 salesman!!!!!![sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley16.gif][sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 05-28-2004 | 01:17 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

if it means much T-bone,

I was looking for a "used" Mustang Cobra/GT or even considered a new SVT Focus before I bought my SRT... (I have a little thing for Ford's)... anyway... once I saw the test report from Car & Driver (SVT Focus vs. SRT vs. something else) it was set... and once I test drove the car... well... I own a bright electric blue SRT... so... you can see who won that battle

Old 05-28-2004 | 01:39 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Funny how the car just sells itself. I had originally gone to the dealer looking for a Dodge Ram P/U, but they had a red and a silver SRT-4 on display and I never made it to the truck side of the lot. Hardest part of the transaction was deciding between the colors (maybe I shoulda bought 'em both!!!!!!)[sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 05-29-2004 | 04:19 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

That would have been perfect, two SRT-4's. One as a mildly modded daily driver and one as a complete beast of death and destruction.[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley36.gif]

Quick Reply: Went shopping for a Dakota R/T...