Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

K&N FIPK 2 INTAKE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 08:33 PM
fhblake04
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N FIPK 2 INTAKE!

Had it on for a couple of days now and I'm definitely. liking the wine. I have a question abut the resonance the turbo it making. When I really get on it the boost needle really wants to fly up there but the waste gate won't let it. It seems as if the waste gate can't decide how much boost to run. The turbo keeps changing pitch. High...Low...High...Low. I think its the waste gate fluttering to accommodate the larger air flow. When the waste gate opens the turbo makes a lower pitch but as soon as it spikes it makes a higher pitch and keeps going on until redline. Do you think that's what's happening? I play French Horn and I did study music…I'm really fascinated with how sounds project, reverberate and all the good stuff. You think the waste gate is making the turbo change pitch…or am I way off. Thanks guys and gals!

Old 05-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Glacius
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: K&N FIPK 2 INTAKE!

stock turdblow is really small so it gets boost flutter. It's there with the stock airbox but being enclosed it holds in the sound. Glad ya like the intake though One more box showing up shortly.

Quick Reply: K&N FIPK 2 INTAKE!