Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Exhaust PLZ HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006 | 01:38 PM
Valo2170
Default Exhaust PLZ HELP

ok, i have a ****y exhaust from a brand called e.d. and i have had nothing but problems with it sense i got it.Anyways my ? is, i took most of my exhaust off lasnight and im only running a open down pipe.Is that ok?Im thinking it is sense they do make cut outs for are car and one of my friends leaves his open all the time and last there is a heat sheld right over it.So will i be ok?

Old 06-10-2006 | 02:37 PM
Valo2170
Default RE: Exhaust PLZ HELP

anybody plz help?" OH and what is a really good turboback system? And does anyone have a sound clip of thermal,are they good?

Old 06-11-2006 | 01:11 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

it's fine to run an open dp, it's just going to be very loud. i'm very surprised to hear that you're having problems with the exhaust however, because hector's products are usualy very good. have you tried contacting him about the issues you're having and seeing if there's a fix?

if you want to get a completly new exhaust, look into the maxxfab systems. beautiful work and great customer service. the perrin tb is also a great piece, however it's very expensive.....

Old 06-12-2006 | 11:18 AM
Valo2170

yea what had happend was,hector installed it for me and one week later all the bolts where falling out and when i would turn it off it would sound funny. LOL All he did was make fun of me and tell me to fix it my self.Which i did but i paid 800.00 for something and no more than two weeks later it falls apart.I shouldnt have to fix it .Then he tells me i didnt pay for his labor i paid for the turboback BS.BS i paid 180 for labor thats what he $ me .All the gaskets he installed fell out and every thing.So i got sick of it and it was sounding like **** so i just left the down pipe on.It sounds so much better than the full turboback LOL.I dont know what his problem was but after i was taklking **** to him about him not fixing my tb he told me on srtforums he was going to come to my home town to beat my ***.LOL how mature.Yea i know its just bolts and gaskets,but i should not have to fix it from it falling apart 1 one later.Where i live there is nothing but guys that have had problems with him and his hard pipes and turboback.But i guess other people where lucky.Thanks for telling me it would be ok to run it open .You help me out alot.

Quick Reply: Exhaust PLZ HELP