Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

****IN PISSED!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 06:47 PM
xXxIZZYxXx
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****IN PISSED!!!!!!

Alright, I got to my car today right, keep in mind, I just got my car back from an auto shop, ****in beautiful paint and everything, car looks just like when I bought it, I go to my car today in the morning and I see a freakin scratch on my brand new hood right underneath my hood scoop, talk about hater marks, big time hater mark, it went through the paint and everything man, I am so freakin pissed off its not even funny. Damn, right before the meet too, damn, does the Mopar touch up paint help at all?

Old 09-11-2006, 08:24 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: ****IN PISSED!!!!!!

The paint will help to cover and protect the metal, but the repair will be visible in the right light. You can try a small amount of rubbing compound on it, but the paint has to dry for a few weeks before you do that......

Dusty

Old 09-11-2006, 08:33 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

you could try doing some light wetsanding in a 'butterfly' pattern with 1500 grit, fill in the scratch with light layers of touchup. letting each dry before applying the next. finally after you bring the level of the touchup paint up to the clearcoat's height. then buff at around 1k rpms with a med-coarse wool pad using a fairly aggressive compound. then use a med-light compound with a synthetic pad at around 2k rpms. finally use the med-light compound again with a foam lightly agressive pad. then polish at 2500 with a non-aggressive foam pad. and vuala, scratch will only be visible as a 'line' in the paint (very hard to see but since you know its there youll always see it)
this is provided it isnt a HUGE scratch. pics?

Old 09-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Wolfish
Rookie

Please don't tell me that!! My car's in the shop right now getting a new hood and front bumper cover. Some guy figured backing up at a set of lights would be a good idea. I really don't want my car screwed with that quickly after all that work!! Man, that sucks.

Quick Reply: ****IN PISSED!!!!!!