Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Twin BOV's??

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 04:53 PM
rare04
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin BOV's??

Got a buddy that is running the mopar BOV, and he wants to put a different UPP and BOV on as well. Wondering if this would work? If so it beats taking off the mopar one and installing the block off plate. Just slap the new upp and bov on thats it. It would save some time.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:10 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: Twin BOV's??

ohh, wait a sec... i misread. why wouldyou need two BOVs??? then the 'weakest' one will let out while the other one stays closed. You only need one BOV

Old 09-15-2006, 07:24 PM
rare04
Professional

I know you only need one, it will just same some time niot taking the other one off and just adding a different upp and bov.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:49 PM
moparman04
Captain

ive got the blue plate and the greddy type s... they both work, the weaker one doesnt stay closed or anything.. but the greddy is definetly not as loud as it should be.
hope this helps

the only reason i havent taken out my blue plate is because its time consuming

Old 09-15-2006, 10:51 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

i agree with being time consuming. thats why i installed the blue plate and the intake at the same time... then installed the strut tower bar. try all that in reverse order on separate occassions... lots of do and redo work lol

Old 09-16-2006, 12:04 PM
yorksrt
Rookie

how much time is it really going to take? i feel if you do something, do it right. no matter how much it sucks or how long it takes. i've come to grips with the fact that everytime i go under the hood, off comes my strut bar, the intake, the battery, etc., and all the other things involved. now i can do it pretty quickly. As far as two bov's go, i don't know. i would think it would be a waste of money to put one on the upper pipe and it not work right because the $60 bov is still doing the work. just take the blue plate off, it'll suck but it will be worth it in the end. or pay someone to do it for you if money is no issue.

Quick Reply: Twin BOV's??