Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

are mod's a waste?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 04:46 PM
808srt
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are mod's a waste?

im sorry so i nd dont understand this so even if you are running lean or rich does the wideband fix that or does it just let you know if you are lean or rich and if i were to get one which is the best and where would i get one thanks for the help

Old 11-13-2006, 04:49 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

it just lets you know if you're running lean or rich. it monitors your air/fuels, that's it. the idea being that if you see that you're really lean, you let off the gas. i personally would go with the innovative kit, it's a little more expensive than the aem one but it's a better overall unit and has more features. n2mb is an innovative dealer i'm pretty sure, shoot hozay an email or call him and he'll get you a price on what you need.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:28 PM
808srt
Rookie

all right last couple questions then im done do you really need a wideband like on a scale of 1-10 how bad would one really need it

Old 11-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Burnnout
All Star

For someone that doesn't want to risk harm to their engine... I would say 10.... But would also reccomend a stage kit to someone who doesn't have much know how about these sorts of things, that way it really wouldn't be an issue.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:39 PM
OCsrt4

Just To Add a side note if you start to push your boost over 18psi you might want to replace the intake gasket one of my buddy's blew his out on the dyno jet . I would deffinately go for it though.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:57 PM
mopar222
Veteran

The evo is stock. The car has a 10year 100,000 mile warranty, and does ptb. If it was so bad, then mitsubishi would not have done this and given such a long warranty. In my opinion the car runs rich so this in not a problem. I have heard people say the turbo flutters, but then again, 10year warranty. Plus the 4g63t has a great reputation as being on of the toughest four cylinders around.

On a side note, the evo x is going to be running a world motor as well, the caliber has one and the new srt4 will have one, which will be all alluminum. Why cant they leave a good thing alone. Cast iron block and alluminum head were a great combination. Who knows how well these world motors are going to hold up and perform under abuse.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:03 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

^^^^ what are you talking about?

ORIGINAL: OCsrt4

Just To Add a side note if you start to push your boost over 18psi you might want to replace the intake gasket one of my buddy's blew his out on the dyno jet . I would deffinately go for it though.
26psi on the stock gasket...i think it's fine. 18psi is nothing.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:08 AM
wordslayer
Captain

I've learned a lot from this thread.....mainly....to stay away from a wastegate.

PSI.....your car, in the sig pic, looks incredible.

Old 11-14-2006, 03:39 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

thanks!!!!! [sm=gears.gif]

Old 11-14-2006, 09:06 AM
talisman
Veteran

Wordslayer,

I installed a Stage 2 wastegate and it has worked great from the 1st day, listed below are the cars boost numbers in gears. The only time I messed up was when I put the throttle body on before getting the Stage 1 ECU on the car. The car now has Stage 1 ECU, Stage 2 WGA, M/B exhaust, K&N CAI, Mopar BOV. I posted this earlier in a thread about trying to tune and install a MBC which I've decided to hold off on. I can't imagine how an MBC could be adjusted to make the car run any better than this.

O.K , I just went out and found a lonely little country road that's great for playing with the car on. Here's what the turbo was doing,

1st gear pulled 4 PSI and 1st was gone
2nd gear pulled 15 PSI and 2nd was gone
3rd gear pulled 17 PSI and leveled off at 15PSI
4th gear pulled 18 PSI and leveled off at 15 PSI
5th gear pulled 17 psi and I was going too fast so I had to stop this test,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The ECU has only been in the car about 150 miles I guess. Is that long enough for it to have adjusted itself ? It felt real damn strong throughout these runs.

Is an MBC going to help, should I even bother ?

The way the car is running right now I'd hate to mess it up. I don't have any problem whatsoever with PTB with the setup I have now either, you can drive normally and never see any boost, but it's sure there when you want it.

Quick Reply: are mod's a waste?