Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Nitrous Express Front Mount Intercooler Chiller Kit..DOES IT WORK?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 10:49 PM
Vizion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Express Front Mount Intercooler Chiller Kit..DOES IT WORK?

As quoted on TurboNeonStore.com: The gas sprays directly on your intercooler to lower the intercooler temp to well below freezing (we suggest CO2 Gas). The result is a tremendous drop in intake temperatures. Dyno tests have seen increases of over 50+ horsepower!

Allows you to cool of your Intercooler in between races, to allow for a more efficient setup and increasing HP. Kit includes: intercooler sprayer bar, all necessary hoses and fittings, switch, and wiring kit. Choose what size bottle, below. Fits all Front Mount Intercooler Kits.

DOES IT WORK??????? IS IT WORTH IT????

Old 07-22-2004, 03:22 AM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: Nitrous Express Front Mount Intercooler Chiller Kit..DOES IT WORK?

it works, but not in the way that they advertise it.

when you use a nitrous ic sprayer, you get skewed dyno readings as to how much hp the sprayer is adding. this is because when you're on a dyno, there's a really big fan blowing directly on your car. when you spray nitrous in the front of your car, especially with a really big fan blowing on it, you will get nitrous in the intake. the 50 plus hp that's seen isn't because of the cooling effects of the nitrous, but because the car is ingesting nitrous into the system.

so, does nitrous work as a cooling agent? yes. will you see 50 plus hp based solely on it's cooling abilities? no.

Old 07-22-2004, 04:22 AM
Vizion

Thank you very much! Horsepower wise, what are the numbers and is this whole thing worth the money spent?

Old 07-22-2004, 06:23 AM
andybuzz2u

15 to 20 hp....on the nitrous its sucking up......5 tp 10 on CO2.....it's a really big, expensive, grill ornament.....you would be better off dropping your money else where...like a Perrin or other large FMIC.

Old 07-22-2004, 07:28 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you looking to go big on the horsepower, the stock intercooler is more than enough to get the job done right. But if you are going for big horsepower, then both a larger intercooler and a sprayer, even if it's just water, will be useful.

Old 07-22-2004, 07:56 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

An big FMIC is all you need, like mentioned above, if you're going big. I myself have the an AGP's Turbo FMIC. Once i install my "toys" from my Stage 2, i have the water sprayer as well cause im goin' for the Upgrade T3/T4 package.
Save ya $$$ dont buy a Perrin FMIC. It's costly! (about $1079). i paid $700 for mine.

Peace

Old 07-23-2004, 06:32 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch![:@] That's alot of money for something as simple as an intercooler, it's basically an air filled radiator.[sm=smiley5.gif] I think I could find much bigger performance gains elsewhere for $700.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Express Front Mount Intercooler Chiller Kit..DOES IT WORK?