Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

how do i get a proper a/f ratio reading?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006 | 06:25 AM
greenmachine98
Default RE: how do i get a proper a/f ratio reading?

this is the first time i had ever had a problem with the shop i go to. whati'm saying usthat i have read on other forums and heard from other srt owners that an air fuel ratio gauge tends to be a pain on srt4s. and if the shop did screw it up they are replacing it free. i know the owner and he is helping me outbyreplacing the gauge. but thats irrelavent, i just heard that air fuel ratio gauges can be a pain on these cars. i've seen it over and over all across the internet. i just want to know what could help me get to the bottom of my situation. i should just scrap it and go wide band like you were talking about earlier though. something to think about.. . .

Old 12-25-2006 | 06:34 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

there's no problem getting a a/f reading on these cars as long as the gauge is set up correctly. i've had a wideband for about a year and a half now and i've had no issues with it at all. plenty of people have them and it's fine. most people that i know that are running widebands are using the innovative andthere's been no issue with them at all. if people are having a problem it's probably due to either install error or they're not using a good gauge.

i would highly recommend going with a wideband as it's the only real way to get a good reading on these cars. narrowbands don't give you a wide enough range to really know what's going on. it usually just stays on the rich side since that's what our cars run normally (unless tuned). so a wideband is really preferable to truly know what's going on in there.

Old 12-25-2006 | 05:23 PM
greenmachine98

i'll do that then. thanks

Quick Reply: how do i get a proper a/f ratio reading?