Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

my occ

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007 | 02:20 PM
04blksrt
|
Veteran
Default my occ

ive got one quick question aboutmy occ. now im just using the simple compressor filter. 1st off, should i leave the white "filter" part of the filter inside the glass casing or should i unscrew it and take it out. 2, im using the clear hose (3/8"). i wanted to make sure that this hose should be alright for long term use. ive noticed that when it gets hot the hose gets a lot less dense and is a lot easier to squeeze. im a little worried that this hose may melt or puncture in the long run so i was thinking of replacing the clear hose with actual automotive vacuum hose. anyone else running the clear for any length of time without any problems?....oh and ed!!! i think that fixed my idling problem as well. i think it had something to do with the vacuum running off the pcv valve!!

Old 01-30-2007 | 03:29 PM
redevil
All Star
Default RE: my occ

don't use the clear hose.Go to an autoparts store and buy fuel hose...hope this helps

Old 01-30-2007 | 06:06 PM
04blksrt
|
Veteran

dude i just put that occ on this weekend and i already have oil in it. i mean i havent driven but maybe 100 miles and theres already a little puddle of it at the bottom of the can and i can see it all in the hoses. is that normal ya'll. im a little scared that my car maybe blowin more oil by than others. and another thing, the oil is real watery and real liquidy. its not thick at all like i guess i expected it to be. is this normal as well?

Old 01-30-2007 | 06:15 PM
redevil
All Star

i'm the opposite, I'm not catching at all.I think my pvc valve is messed up, I ordered one today

Old 01-30-2007 | 06:29 PM
04blksrt
|
Veteran

u ordered what?...a new pcv valve?

Old 01-30-2007 | 06:50 PM
talisman
Veteran

If you start seeing thick oily sludge you're in trouble. It should be oily and clean. The clear hose is going to give the illusion of more oil than you think. I've never really measured how much I'm catching but I'm gonna guess a teaspoon to a tablespoon every 1,000 miles.

Old 01-30-2007 | 07:52 PM
04blksrt
|
Veteran

ok...that sounds like i might be on par then. like i said though, ive only gone maybe 300 - 400 miles and ive got around a teaspoon in there already

Old 01-30-2007 | 10:56 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

i just dumped mine after about 6k, was about halfway full of light brown crap, kinda looked like muddy water... DISGUSTING. ill post up pics once i download my camera. glad i have it on there though, cuz damn.

as for the homedepot clear hose...? i initially had that crap and it started sucking shut when the car got hot. so i just picked up some black rubber fuel line for a couple bucks at the autoparts store. works great, never had aproblem with it.
****ty hose:

Good hose:

Old 01-31-2007 | 11:23 AM
redevil
All Star

thats what i told matt to do but he went with the clear hose.I gave mine to my boss, sold it to him for like 5 bucks.I guess he liked the japanese letters and all that crap on it.Nice avatar flame...I'm gonna have to copy you!!!

Old 01-31-2007 | 01:58 PM
04blksrt
|
Veteran

yeah i guess ill have to redo mine with the auto hose cause the clear stuff sucks shut when hot like u said...but i think that fixed my idling problem. i dont think the car has skipped a beat since i put the occ in...knock on wood!!!!