Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.
View Poll Results: A poll
Have S2 W/TT
20.00%
Have S2 WO/TT
13.33%
Want S2 W/TT
46.67%
Want S2 WO/tt
20.00%
I Drive an RT/SXT... (some here do so ill let them vote)
0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

with or with out toys?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 09:50 PM
millenniumdna
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: with or with out toys?

Im not sure i wanna go that fast. SO Stage II w Toys seems to be what im leaning to down the road. It seems like its going to be alot cheaper and wont get me as many nights on the couch

Old 08-24-2004, 11:10 PM
glhs837

ORIGINAL: Gump

glhs837.... have you had another car with a boost controler?

Other than some very simple bleeding type stuff with the GLHS, no, why do you ask? I'm fairly familiar with whats out there now.

I do agree, if you are planning to go big aftermarket turbo, stay with Stage 1. S2 is so focused on it's own stuff that it's more sensible to just go full aftermarket. It can be made to work, but most folks seem to be tossing like %70 of the kit, and then bypassing a bunch of PCM control, so it's not worth the exspense.

Old 08-25-2004, 01:55 AM
Gump
Record Breaker

i ask because i wanted to know if dial a boost is much like a greddy BC or another aftermarket.

Old 08-25-2004, 02:16 AM
glhs837

More tommorow,

Cliff notes = DAB super easy setup, choices only matched by high dollar EBC, $300-$500 or more. Some of them have more initial flexibility on individual boost settings, none have four easily selelctable (on the fly even) boost maps.

Old 08-25-2004, 02:19 AM
Gump
Record Breaker

so you cant change the boost of an aftermarket BC while driving?

Old 08-25-2004, 08:27 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am just going by what Dodge themselves say on Stage 3, and that is 300 horsepower and 300 torque. That is only 20 horses more than Stage 2 w/toys at 280 horsepower and no gain in torque, still 300. I was off by 5 horsepower previously.[]

Old 08-25-2004, 10:44 AM
glhs837

RR, I understand, that website does not get updated as often as it should, and most likley won't until right before release. Or after, if past stuff is naything to judge by. For veracitys sake here's the photos. This thread is the home to them.

http://www.detroitneonowners.org/for...pic.php?t=1925

First one is Ethan Bayer, drivetrain engineer, in front of the orange 05 and the one of interest, the lightweight concept that has been aming the rounds. That it is indeed Ethan can be verified by picking up the latest Sport Compact Car mag, which has a pic of him installing the Toys wiring in the Project SRT-4.

And the shot of the flyer that was in the lightweight car.

So that's where the info is from. I do recommend folks check out that link, some incredible shots of the inside of the lightweight and nice ones of the orange car.

Old 08-25-2004, 11:14 AM
glhs837

And now, on to the boost controller section

To start, we say what exactly DAB does provide. All boost figure are approximate, I'm too damn lazy to look them up. Keep in mind, all of this is available on the fly, just by spinning the wheel. four settings, 0-3, becuase the switch is one qriginially made for adjusting eurospec Neon and PT Cruiser headlights.

0= Low boost, about 7 psi, all the time, low traction (snow) and training/new driver mode

1= Mid Boost, if you ever want to relive how your SRT used to be back when it was Stage 0, tops out around 12 psi

2= Drag launch on street tires, first two gears boost managed (say 12 in first, 15 in second), then from third on, max boost.

3 = Drag launch on D/Rs or slicks, same as above, only numbers are slightly higher, since you can put more power down with D/Rs or slicks.

Now note this. Here's where you have an advantage to make up for not being able to pick the exact boost levels. If I'm at the track with my street tires, and the prep is great, I can just dial up 3 and go, no reprogramming needed. Prep sucks, and I'm spinning even my D/Rs?, just select 2. Want to let the little woman (or man) drive home, but don't trust them with that much power, select 0.

Here's a good link to a SCC article where they put a bunch of EBCs to the test on the same car. While some have equivelent features pay careful attention to how easy it is to switch profiles, and cost. Keep in mind, Toys cost about 300-400 more than non-toys, and come with the sprayer, which finding one PCM controlled is tough, and a +20whp boost just from the racegas.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/te..._boostcontrol/

Old 08-26-2004, 03:20 PM
millenniumdna
All Star

ouch, this is making my head hurt a little. Im going to try to understand this. Is Toys just a boost contoller?

Old 08-26-2004, 03:30 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

no toys is the dial-a-boost (like a 4 map boost controller), intercooler sprayer, and the race gas function. check mopar.com for more info....

Quick Reply: with or with out toys?