New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New Dodge Forum member here...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 03:00 AM
gmkid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dodge Forum member here...

I have been a Durango owner since Aug of 04. My wife and I had a 98 SLT Durango which recently starting giving us some problems. We bought it with about 90K and just traded it in with 133K on it. It started making some whining noises under acceleration from the rear end. It was paid for and I didn't want to put a lot of money in it when something failed. I found a great deal on a 2005 Deep Molten Red Durango SLT. The dealer was asking $17,995 originally and had dropped it to $15,900. It had 51K on it and was a certified Durango 8yr/80K drivetrain.

I went and test drove it and it drove MUCH nicer than my 98 did. I took my wife back there that night and she liked it too. I called the GM the next day on his cell (he told me to call him direct) and told him that we would like it but we wanted a couple things fixed. There was a dent in passenger rear door and the front bezel was the "fake" wood grain and we both hated it. He said no problem and he'd order a new one for me. I told him I'd give him $12,000 and my Durango.

He had his used car sales manager call me back and said that they couldn't do it for $12,000 but they could do $12,244 out the door. I said that was good enough and we did the deal. I ended up also getting two new keys cut because they lost one and the other one had stopped working. I also got two new floor mats because they misplaced the passengers one when they did the detail work. I did end up getting their Xzillon treatment and had to pay for that out of pocket. I got it for $275 though so I can't complain too much. My neighbor isa finance manager and he said he would NEVER sell it for that at his dealership. He said he'd go to $500 or so but not that low.

All in all.....I'm super impressed so far and I feel like I got a pretty good deal. I do have some questions if anyone would care to answer. I'm going to do a lot of searching over the next week or so and see if I can find the answers to my questions but I'll pose them here too.

1. I don't have Nav but I'd like to buy one off ebay and put it in. Is it a plug and play module or is there other wiring required?

2. I don't have the overhead console but would like one. Again, buy one off ebay and put it in. It looks like (based off the ebay pics) that it's a plug that makes the fuel/mpg etc work. Does anyone know if the plug is tucked away in the headliner and ready to be plugged in or do I have to do wiring to make it work?

3. I don't have the auto dimming rear view mirror like my 98 had. Is that something that I can just buy off ebay and replace my other one with?

4. I think I found out how to do this but I want to make sure. When Iget my new bezel, I am putting it in myself. I'm fairly mechanically inclined so it shouldn't be hard but I want to make sure I know what I'm doing. I think there are two 7mm bolts at the bottom of the bezel by the cig/12v plugs that I have to take out. Is there anything else special that I need to know about?

5. I got that Zxillon treatment on the exterior and interior of the car. I would also like to apply Zaino (www.zainobros.com) to the car for more added shine and deeper look. If you haven't heard of Zaino, check out their site, their stuff is unreal. I was wondering if there is anything that I can't put on the car (regarding waxes) because of the Xzillon application. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks again for helping a semi-new Durango owner out........

Jeremy

Old 05-14-2007, 07:18 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: New Dodge Forum member here...

congrats on the new durango. and welcome to the site!

Old 05-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Midnight Runner
Champion

Congrats and welcome to D.Forum.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:29 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

Welcome to the forum... ENJOY!!

Old 05-14-2007, 11:29 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Jeremy!!

Dusty

Old 05-15-2007, 12:14 AM
sharx ram
Champion

Welcome to the forum [8D]

Quick Reply: New Dodge Forum member here...