New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Introducing CLifford the three-legged goat

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:06 PM
CliffthebigredDodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introducing CLifford the three-legged goat

Hi fellow Dodge owners and fans,
I own Clifford the big red Dodge, a 1997 1500. My father bought the truck brand new and my ex and I bought it from him four years ago when he was ready for a new 4wd truck. I then sent the ex on his way, and I kept the truck.
Anyway, Clifford is a good truck, generally. It's got a new rear end, thanks to an accident on I26 a few weeks ago. My husband and I were hauling a car on a car trailer to Charleston, but the rear left wheel of the Dodge broke off. All the studs sheared and the wheel went across the concrete dividing wall, hit a Toyota suv head-on, then continued across the road, the ditch, and lodged between tree trunks. Clifford's axle bent when it hit the road. No humans were harmed, but the truck had to have a whole new/salvage rear-end. The insurance company refused to replace the wheel, so he's still wearing his spare wheel, with a new tire, until I get around to tracking down a suitable replacement. I want to call some salvage yards rather than order one.
For Mother's Day, my husband treated me to a new cat-back exhaust system from Jeg's. Now Clifford has dual pipes with glass packs in prettystainless tips.
My truck's not a daily driver. His little, yet older, brother, my 1996 Corvette, Sidney, is my dd, but I have a renewed care for the big red goat. Sometime soon I hope to get the truck repainted. The paint on the top of the cab and on the hood is going bad, apparently typical for Dodge. I'm thinking about gettinga Sting Ray style hood scoop and painting a stinger on the truck's hood. I just want to make sure it won't look like crap.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:49 AM
jakebrake
Champion
Default RE: Introducing CLifford the three-legged goat

Welcome

I just want to make sure it won't look like crap.
Just send the guys in the chop shop a few pics along with a few idea's and they can edit the pics to show you what it'll look like

Old 05-23-2007, 06:37 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Jennifer!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 05-24-2007, 03:46 AM
Midnight Runner
Champion

Welcome to D.Forum.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:29 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion