New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

nother noob here checking in

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 09:33 PM
rustyedge
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default nother noob here checking in

After 11 years and 110,000 miles I traded my beloved 96 Caravan on an 07 Grand Caravan. My 96 was very good to me so I decided to get another. Basically a bigger fancier version of what I had. Unbelievable dealer incentives. I actually paid less forthe 07 than I did the 96!

Since I do a lot of winter driving on far trips to ski, I always had winter tires put on. This time around I figured I would keep the nice gold rims off the 96 for winter tires only. Same size and bolt pattern, I figured they would fit. Imagine my surprise when I tried to put the 96 gold wheel on the new one. The dang caliper hit in front! Back was OK. After considering my options, I had two 5mm spacers made and used ET lug nuts. All worked great. Now I've got two sets of nice wheels to swap back and forth.

Everyone makes fun of me for driving a minivan. I don't care. For weekend trips loaded with ski gear or luggage or whatever, you just can't beat a Caravan. Fold down all the seats, load 'er up and move 'em out. I love it.

I'm a major do-it-yourselfer so hopefully I'll be able to contribute to this forum.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:52 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nother noob here checking in

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Russ!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Quick Reply: nother noob here checking in