New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

n00b from Amish Country (pics inside)

Old 10-03-2007, 08:11 PM
StickerCharged
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default n00b from Amish Country (pics inside)

Hey folks, new guy here from Lancaster County, PA. I've been in the forum game for a long time, mostly car related stuff, you know how it goes. I just happened to stumble into dodgeforum and figured I'd register up since I've got a new project car coming my way.

I just graduated school for culinary arts and restaurant management... my uncle and I also run a web-based custom t-shirt and vinyl graphic business.

Currently I'm only a half-dodge owner... my current daily driver is a 1995 Eagle Talon ESi (but hey, it runs on a Neon engine).
I've also got a 1970 VW Karmann Ghia which is my ongoing nickle and dime project/sunday driver and a 1980 Honda CB750-F SuperSport which I got not running, got it working, rode it for a month, and then it died again... problem is I currently don't have a garage to work on stuff in, but my lease on my apartment ends at the end of november, so i'm looking for a new place and a garage is a MUST.

The new project coming my way is my dad's 1976 Dodge Dart Swinger. it's the 2-door coupe, bucket seats, 318, torqueflite trans, etc. Was factory that baby-crap brown color, but the owner before us sprayed it purple with a white dodge stripe around the butt. This car was my first daily driver, i drove it during my Junior year of high school... when we got it, the K-frame was busted, so we welded it up, but the damage was already done... the subframe is in pretty bad shape, and my stupid high school driving didn't help it any... so now it sits, in dad's garage, with a messed up subframe, a k-frame that could use replaced, a little bit of body rot (but for the most part it's a solid car), a hole in the oil pan, a heater core that needs replaced, etc.
It's been sitting in his garage for five years or something like that... the interior is in GREAT shape, the dash isn't cracked at all, the front seats are both split on one seam, which won't be tough to get re-stitched... all around the car is in pretty decent shape for a 30+ year old car, definately a great starting point for a restoration... he says as soon as I get myself a garage and can remove it from his, it's mine... 2 months, baby!

the engine in it isn't original, so there's a rebuilt 360 sitting next to the car in the garage... that'll be going into the car. also, the trans could use to be rebuilt, so rather than do that, I think I'll just do a swap and put in a 4-speed manual. I'd like to paint it back to a factory color, probably yellow... lots of plans for this car, it's just a matter of having a garage to put it in and the money to throw at it.

Anyway, here are a couple pictures:

my 1970 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
Name:  pic1.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  119.7 KB

my 1995 Eagle Talon ESi

my 1980 Honda CB750-F SuperSport
Name:  home4.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  143.5 KB

And (I'm sad to say) the only picture I seem to have of the dart at this point:
Name:  dart3.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  29.3 KB

Old 10-03-2007, 08:17 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: n00b from Amish Country (pics inside)

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Tim!! I haven't seen a Karmann Ghia in many years..............

Dusty

Old 10-03-2007, 11:00 PM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker

hey welcome!

your ghia is blinding!!! lol.. that's a cool little car though. looks like it's fun to drive.
where in lancaster county are you? i was just up in kaolin for an auction. i live in dela county. about 11 midue east of philly.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:28 AM
StickerCharged
Professional

I actually live right between Lancaster city and Millersville.

thanks for the compliments on the ghia. it's come a long way since the day it came through my dad's garage door on a flatbed.
Name:  myghia2.gif
Views: 19
Size:  68.7 KB

Old 10-05-2007, 04:41 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Welcome to the forum

Old 10-05-2007, 07:38 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Welcome to Dodge Forum!!

Old 10-05-2007, 10:17 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 222 Likes on 207 Posts

welcome to df... nice VW...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: n00b from Amish Country (pics inside)