New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Ford to Dodge maby?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:20 AM
deadbird
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford to Dodge maby?

Hello all,
I am USAF stationed in England for a few more months but I am from Michigan. I currently have a 06 Mustang GT/Mach 1 Tribute. I am selling it in England and my wife suggested I may want to get a 4 door car because we now have a little bundle of joy. My friend has a 05 SRT 4 and told me to try a charger. My current ride runs mid-high 12s. I stopped by a dodge dealer and drove anAWD Charger R/T. The handling was impressive but not to hot on the power. I am thinking on a SRT 8. Stock it looks like the same performance nunbers as the stang and 4.6 to a 6.1 sounds fun. I am here to look at what can be done and hopefully wil stay here and get my own SRT 8. Got a few questions I may as well put in here also. Was the handling and the slight dogness of the AWD R/T becasue of the AWD? I have no doubt that I will be happy with the handling of the SRT 8 especialy since they have IRS. Thanks, I look forward to learning more and getting an SRT 8.

Here are some pics of my current ride. Sorry its a FORD.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2632039

Old 11-07-2007, 10:40 AM
lilfroger
Record Breaker
Default RE: Ford to Dodge maby?

Don't take what you can get on a test drive there in the UK for what your gonna find here in the states -- even cars that are made here drive different over there. We have family up north and every time I go over there I am amazed at how different the exact same car is over there.

That is a pretty looking stang though (god if the guys see I said that I'm gonna be toast).

As for all your questions on the Charger -- drop down into their sub-forum and start asking -- the folks down there will help you out and show you all the things to do to it

Welcome to the DF and enjoy your stay.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:26 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Todd!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 11-07-2007, 03:01 PM
deadbird

I forgot to add that I am in Michigan on leave test driving them now. lol. Thanks for the welcome.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:04 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the dodge forum. Red

Quick Reply: Ford to Dodge maby?