New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hi All!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 04:28 AM
Schizo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi All!!

I can't say that I am a dodge fan but, I used to have a 96 Neon that I ran the hell out of and it never let me down. I do have respect Dodge and so, I am looking at buying a sweet silver 04 SRT-4 to go with my new home in Jacksonville FL. I have respect for other vehicles (with exceptions to Hyundai and Kia) and try to research as much as possible when it comes to making such a purchase. The neon has never had the greatest of reputations caused from it's early design with it's tendency to blow heads etc. However I gained my respect for it when I had my 96'.
Since my next car will be my baby and not a daily. Do you think it's the best buy with such competition such as the WRX (not STi)?

I close on my house in VA on 12/13 and will be moving soon afterwards so, I am trying like hell to find as much info (opinated or not) as I can.

Would also like to know if dealers would install Stage 2 or must I do the work. I'll be buying the car staright out so, Stage 2 would not hurt the bank too much. 1500 + Labor if I am correct.

Would appreciate any advice.

Nate

Old 11-24-2004, 12:38 PM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker
Default RE: Hi All!!

Lots of Neon fans here..... I hope you weren't looking for the opinions to be objective, were you? It is a lot of car for the money, not really for me though. Good luck with your search, and welcome aboard!

Old 11-24-2004, 11:49 PM
Cr@zy Squ33

Neons weren't known for blowing heads. They were known for blowing head GASKETS.

Anyway, the SRT-4 is well worth the money. As far as issues with it I've never heard of any. But I own a 1st gen so I know very little about the SRT4.

Welcome to the site regardless.

Old 11-25-2004, 12:01 AM
Fiddle Player
Champion

Hi Nate! Welcome aboard to the DF! Good luck with your neon project. Post some pics soon!!

Karen

Old 11-25-2004, 03:46 AM
SXTNNY
Captain

Welcome man! Where in VA were you living? On the SRT-4 note. Go for it. You will not be disapointed. I believe that your Dodge dealer/service dept. will install that for you. It's a MOPAR factory part, so I think they have to. It's "offical" then. What you are going to want to do is ask the dealer you are buying it from, or the local one where you will be living. They are the ones who can really tell ya. Hope to see you around here with your new SRT-4!

Old 11-25-2004, 11:56 AM
Vader
Champion

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay. You will make many friends here regardless of your choice.

Old 11-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Visit us often! I hope you'll decide to get the SRT-4, I think you'll be more then pleased.

~Amanda