New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Not new to forums, just new to this one

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 01:51 PM
midohiomoparsource
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not new to forums, just new to this one

Hey all, Matt here.
I am in Ohio, near Findlay.

Anyhow, I have been into the turbo mopar scene for some time and have just gotten my hands on a Neon. I have some questions about some things on them and maybe be able to get some upgrades although nothing serious.
I also have a Dakota which has been the best truck ever.

What I have is a 1996 Neon4 door. This is a very very base model, with only options being a/c. It is a SOHC auto car. No rear defrost even on this one. Its from Florida and has 78,000 miles on it originally. Typical paint peel on hood/roof/trunk. I have added a full console with arm rest/storage bin, rear speakers (Jenson 6x9 3 way), inside trunk release. Car has a rear main seal leaking but I check it daily and add as needed. Drive it over 600 miles/week and so far so good. Interior is spotless.

Other Neon is a 1999 coupe. It is a DOHC/auto and is loaded, windows, locks, mirrors, roof, tilt, cruise, rear defrost, spoiler, alloy wheels, fog lights etc. It has a tranny issue. It wants to drag from a stop as if you are holding the brake. If you manually shift it, it runs perfect. This one has 106,000 miles on it and it is rust free. It also has issue with passenger door which I haven't looked at yet. Sunroof doesn't work either, been reading up on them.

I also have my old Dakota. It is a 1992 4x4 ext cab LE with the 318 and auto. It has a 2 inch body lift with 31x10.5x15 tires. It has a bunch of miles, over 228,000 but motor hasn't been touched. Tranny been redone but thats it. I have had this truck (pulling a car) to Chicago, Indianapolis and all over Ohio. It isn't pretty but it runs soo dam good.

We also have two more Mopars, a 2006 POS Grand Caravan and a 1959 Plymouth Belevedere (work in progress).

Well, enough ratteling.

Hope to meet some good people and share some info and learn some things along the way.

Matt

Old 02-15-2008, 02:31 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Not new to forums, just new to this one

Welcome to the dodge forum. Red

Old 02-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Redram05baby

Welcome..

Old 02-16-2008, 11:50 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Matt!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 02-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Midnight Runner
Champion

Welcome to D.Forum.

Quick Reply: Not new to forums, just new to this one