New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New Here - Looking for sage advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:47 AM
daddyoscott
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here - Looking for sage advice

Hi,

I have a 1979 Dodge D100 Adventurer Shortbed with a 318 that I've had for nearly 6 years. It gets driven a couple of times a month. I got it from the original ower, my elderly uncle, with 98k and now it has 123k. I now have the time and resources, since getting rid of a '64 Imperial that I towed home with the truck, to restore the truck. I'd like to put it back to 'factory' look and spec. It has a 'macco' paint job and aftermarket rusted wheels. But where do I start? Engine/transmission rebuild or paint and body work. I have rebuilt the carburetor, replaced: battery, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, balast, voltage reg, alternator,fuel pump, water pump, thermostat & hoses. The vacuum hose is all orginal and that will be replaced. It has the cat still on it although I don't need it in Washington State. I'd like to put dual exhaust on it. Any 'lessons learned' advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott A

Old 07-01-2008, 03:26 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Here - Looking for sage advice

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Scott!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Quick Reply: New Here - Looking for sage advice