New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New guy from orlando

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Sohcvtec1995
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from orlando

Well i just converted over from import to domestic.. My weopen of choice was a 2001 Dakota Sport Quad cab. It has the 4.7 in it and 2wd.. Dont plan on doing much to it cause i have other toys.. Is there things i hould be worried about with this truck? things to look out for? or places to get good parts?

Only issue i am having is that the truck has 142,xxx on it.. I am very mechnically inclined so i can do pretty much everything or at least figure it out. So heres the problem,

The rear end is leaking fluid from where the driveshaft goes in.. It flings the gear fluid onto the exhuast and makes it smell.. also the rear end is making a grinding type of sound.. I have heard that there is a Bearing in the rear end taht can be changed, aswell as the seal.. Heard its a simple change out. Is there a DIY? or service/repair manual available for download? also has anyone done this? Cost?

Thanks to all and I hope to learn as much as i can aswell as teach others

Old 11-13-2008, 05:10 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum!!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:33 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the dodge forum. Red

Quick Reply: New guy from orlando